Fogs on with switch on auto

donavonknight

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 3.0 TDI
Ok I have finished several mods on my 2013 Passat TDI SEL from LEDs in the trunk to auto rain sensing wipers.

Has anyone figured out how to hardwire or code the fog lights to stay on with the switch set to auto?

I am aware I can do this manually, I know some people do not understand why I want them on all the time. If we were are the same VagCom would not give us so many options!

Now that we have that out of the way I would like to hear from all the tinkers and electric engineers out there and give everyone a new mod for Christmas.

Jbratstdi

TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Sold Diesel Gate
Ok I have finished several mods on my 2013 Passat TDI SEL from LEDs in the trunk to auto rain sensing wipers.
Has anyone figured out how to hardwire or code the fog lights to stay on with the switch set to auto?
I am aware I can do this manually, I know some people do not understand why I want them on all the time. If we were are the same VagCom would not give us so many options!
Now that we have that out of the way I would like to hear from all the tinkers and electric engineers out there and give everyone a new mod for Christmas.
Vagcom cent elec 09 long code check in the bits should be there DRL on with fog lights check it and you good I run that set up sometimes my self.

BigJimmy428

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Did not work for me.

Vagcom cent elec 09 long code check in the bits should be there DRL on with fog lights check it and you good I run that set up sometimes my self.

I have DRL and Fogs coded as on just like quotes above but when the auto lights turn the low beams on the fogs turn off, I have to turn the switch and pull. Is there a way to code the fogs to always on (auto and DRL? :confused:

Jbratstdi

TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Sold Diesel Gate
I have DRL and Fogs coded as on just like quotes above but when the auto lights turn the low beams on the fogs turn off, I have to turn the switch and pull. Is there a way to code the fogs to always on (auto and DRL? :confused:
Yes fog lights and DRL on all the time, you are right, when lights(headlights) come on they go off!