Decision Time

Delete

TDI
2011 Jetta
So I will be buying an A3 by the end of March. Due to my previous experience with a 6.0L Powerstroke, I am incredibly paranoid in regards to reliability.

If it makes sense, I'd like to get one with close to or over 100k on it. I don't mind a lot of miles on a TDI. I plan on deleting all emissions and tuning it (eventually). I am aware of the costs I am just trying to find a mechanic who has experience with Audi TDI or TDI in general. In my area, there isn't many options. I am ok with maintaining the car, I am just worried about something major going bad.

I'm looking at the 2012 year and possible 2013 if I can find one with higher miles.

My questions are, is it "ok" to go with a 100k+ A3 or would I be better of spending the extra $$ for the less miles? And what are some things I should look for when buying? I'm very new into TDIs and I want to make a good choice when buying.

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Well the timing belt is due at 120k so keep that in mind when pricing one. Also consider the possibility of a hpfp failure. As far as deleting goes you will gain reliability and fuel mileage but its not an immediate necessity like it would be on a powerjoke lol

skramer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE 6MT
So I will be buying an A3 by the end of March. Due to my previous experience with a 6.0L Powerstroke, I am incredibly paranoid in regards to reliability.

If it makes sense, I'd like to get one with close to or over 100k on it. I don't mind a lot of miles on a TDI. I plan on deleting all emissions and tuning it (eventually). I am aware of the costs I am just trying to find a mechanic who has experience with Audi TDI or TDI in general. In my area, there isn't many options. I am ok with maintaining the car, I am just worried about something major going bad.

I'm looking at the 2012 year and possible 2013 if I can find one with higher miles.

My questions are, is it "ok" to go with a 100k+ A3 or would I be better of spending the extra $$ for the less miles? And what are some things I should look for when buying? I'm very new into TDIs and I want to make a good choice when buying.
What is your price range? I've been thinking a new 6spd sportwagen

Delete

TDI
2011 Jetta
What is your price range? I've been thinking a new 6spd sportwagen
I actually ended up buying a 2011 Jetta 6spd instead, it was a deal I couldn't pass up. I wanted an Audi, but my bank account likes the Jetta more. One day I'll get one :rolleyes: