2003 jetta wagon black
For Sale 2003 jetta gls wagon 34,000 mi

black
black heated leather
5 spd
sun roof
monsoon
esp

timing belt kit,water pump and full brake fluid flush along with 4 new mich.mxv4 s8 tires. done at ( 33,563 )
work done only because of age
all work done by car-doc automotive ( oilhammer )
car has never been damaged or in rain or snow always been used as 3rd. car.

car is now for sale 15,000 CAR IS SOLD
e-mail for pics. tandlent@hotmail.com

thanks,tom

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I would **guesstimate*** w/ that low miles and verifiable service,between $11k-$14k. Just a matter of someone having cash or financing an older car for that much.This is perfect for me,but no extra $$$ now. See if you can post up some pictures. Good luck w/ sale if you decide to sell it.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
and your 98 is worth $2500 just because it is 12 years old?

It depends on the car, upgrades, etc

ESP? What's that worth?

Does it have Mult-function steering wheel, lumbar seats, late 2003 cupholders in console, 6 CD magazine player, roof rack? Trailer hitch/wiring? Panzer plate? Nozzles? Chipped? Lots to consider that could add value...

P.S. I just don't want to admit our cars are losing value...but in reality they are. Thank for the reality check!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I just looked on Autotrader (I use VW Jetta wagon search,2002-2003,any distance)-there were 15 listed- an 02 w/ 27k,automatic,at dealer,asking $15995. Another silver one in Jersey w/ 5spd and 53k-asking $17750. doesn't mean they'll get it though. A super clean like new low mileage TDI will get good money still,just need the person to pay it.What is the KBB of the OP's car? KBB values(assuming GLS,in my zip code)-Retail-$13,300 Private party-$11,200 Trade in-$9200.... Please post some pictures of this gem......

Last edited:

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
********* are almost worth nothing...unless you find a particular buyer looking for such.__________________

spoken like a used car dealer or a bank loan officer....

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm neither;) ..... I said before he needs someone that has the cash,or is willing to pay it in previous posts.......there WILL be a person that will pay a good price for a clean 03(last of the ALH motors).....maybe he should advertise it in California and not here on the club,as we are all cheap bastards here........

Last edited:

saturnhacker

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 1996 Blue
people spend 15-20k everyday for all kinds of new throw away junk..
i'm thinking low end asian and domestic varieties.
i will take a 7 year old well maintained vw tdi over brand new crap any day.
i will definitely take cared for 7 year old cars for 10-15k versus newer
vehicles with nothing exceptional to offer for 2 or three times that amount.

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
2ndvdub said:
black
black leather
5 spd
monsoon
esp
timing belt kit,water pump and full brake fluid flush along with 4 new mich.mxv4 s8 tires.
work done only because of age
all work done by car-doc automotive ( oilhammer )
car has never been damaged or in rain or snow always been used as 3rd. car.

whats it worth?

thanks,tom
a small fortune, cuz unfortunately you know what you have!! :D

dekindy

TDI
None yet, researching
Is this car for sale, price, pictures, why only 34K miles?

Is there a trusted mechanic that could do an independent inspection? I found one locally that would road test and review a potential purchase for $135.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Rxfire said:
********* are almost worth nothing...unless you find a particular buyer looking for such.__________________

spoken like a used car dealer or a bank loan officer....
It's true. Mods are worth pennies on the dollar spent. Stock cars usually sell easier than modded ones. Many folks here would rather buy a clean stock one and do the mods that they happen to want.

jcw

TDI
'01 GLS sedan, 5-speed, 190k miles; '03 GLS wagon, 5 speed, 155k miles
We are interested in your car (we have an 01 TDI sedan & are looking to get a TDI wagon to replace a 93 Honda Civic hatchback - but are not in a huge hurry because the 93 runs great, can haul a lot believe it or not & routinely gets ~40 mpg) and have family that lives pretty nearby, so could come down & look it over. How quickly are you looking to sell? Kelly Blue Book puts it an 03 wagon in good condition at just under $10k w 34k mi & leather interior. What will you take for the car? Sounds nice.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
It appears the car is maintained by Oilhammer(+), not many low mileage 03 wagons out there(+), 5spd(+), nice features(+), timing belt done preemptively(+). You gotta be kidding me this car is only worth 10k. These ALHs are way more economical to maintain over the long haul than anything since. If the interior and exterior matches the mileage, 13-14k would not be out of line.

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
If I still drove more than a couple of thousand miles a year I would already have bought this. OilHammer maintained, Fresh Belt/suspension/brakes. It's basically brand new. Would love to see pictures but if it has never been driving in rain or snow, it's got to be beautiful.

TDiTony (which I guess I should change to TDiLESSTony :( )
02 Jetta GLS Totaled Saturday
97 Passat GLS still for sale and no one interested.

draco76

Veteran Member
TDI
99 NB(sold), 03 NB(sold), 100% bug free :) 99.5 4d Golf, 2004 GL Wagon
think 15k is a little much for a 7 year old car but what do I know.

Prodeje79

TDI
WTB TDI
draco76 said:
think 15k is a little much for a 7 year old car but what do I know.
If I were him, I would start out high too, you never know he may get some takers. Otherwise he has some negotiation room.

Lugnut

TDI
2004 Jetta, Gray
It is a cruel irony that an older low mileage anything that has been well taken care of is still subject to a rather rapid decline in value. I think its because of the inability to finance such a purchase. With a higher price demanded and basicaly no financing alternative, you face an exponentially smaller market of potential buyers. All of these folks have to appreciate the value before them, and have cash. Most decide to take the cash and place it on a newer model, perhaps even a new model. Unless the car somehow becomes the target of collector's ('64 GTO?), which is rare, its best to roll the wheels off of one. Its the best way to get the return you seek on your investment. That being said, I would love to have it, but would not put that asking price into it. Oh, I agree completely on the mods - they take away and do not add. Give me stock. Last item - a 6 CD changer is so "1999" - we have to quit speaking of these as something desirable. Its a Bluetooth world now.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Complete and accurate description and good quality photography is essential. Why no pictures posted?

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
FWIW I gave $2500 for a 98 Beetle with 230k on the clock. Insurance values it at 5500. I say your price is fair for a low mile wagon.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
Just wanted to check back in. This car lived in Philadelphia for about 6 month, then Columbus Ohio for 5 years. It is now headed back to the St. Louis area for ~3 years.

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
Kool keep it forever!! Great car.