MFI Toggle switch is flakey

TypeRod

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Anyone having/had issues with their MFI toggle switch on the steering wheel? Last night while driving home, I went to use it to switch to a diff. metric on the display, and when I pushed the down button, it was limp (for the lack of a better word, lol), and I had to push pretty hard for it to work. It didn't have that crisp response letting me know that the button was pushed. But when I pushed up, it was fine, nice and crisp. Eventually I went to push "OK", and it popped into place and was working fine again. But this morning on my way to work it became flakey. Would it be hard to take the steering wheel apart to see whats going on? It doesn't surprise me this happened, I use that toggle switch quite often during my drives. Its still under warranty and its a lease, so Im not too worried. I just like to tinker and see if I can fix it myself if nothing turns out to be broken in there. Thanks!

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had a recurrence. I think you described it well, as going 'limp'.

TypeRod

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had a recurrence. I think you described it well, as going 'limp'.
lol. I guess I could have just said the button didn't spring back to its normal resting position. I'm probably going to bring it to the dealer.