I have an Audi A3 2.0TDi with a damaged BKD engine, can i replace it with a BRD ?

surfpilot111

TDI
Audi A3 2.0TDi
Can i Replace it wit a BRD coming from an Audi A4? Can i use my engine brackets on the BRD pd170 engine and make it work on my Audi A3(with a BKD pd140 engine)?

If i replace it with another BKD engine, will this surely fit my A3? Did the BKD come out in the Audi A4 as well? The reason for me asking is that someone is offering me a replacement BKD engine (same as my damaged one) and i just want to be sure its a direct fit on my '07 Audi A3. TIA!

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
What has happened to your BKD? IIRC BKD is only limited to A3, A4s have some different. Please have in mind that replacing only engine (BKD->BRD) probably won't work; you'll need an ECU and lots of other things. So I guess it's a good idea to repair your BKD or replace it with another BKD...

surfpilot111

TDI
Audi A3 2.0TDi
the turbo seals gave and it in turn drained oil from the engine (i think) and damaged the engine. :(

a vendor is selling me a BKD engine and am worried that it might have different engine mounts. Is this possible that the engine mounts are different from this BKD engine even if I have a BKD pd140 in my '07 A3 2.0TDi? TIA

what i mean is would it be possible to have different engine mounts between two "BKD" code engines?

Last edited: