2006 Jetta TDI, Best Offer Over $15,999.00

FlyboyTR

TDI
06 Jetta, 159,000 miles
The ad copy below was copied from my Craigslist ad. Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir about the TDI and its attributes! I have taken 30 pictures and can email them...or take any shot you would like. Personal email is flyboytr(at)bellsouth.net
========================================

This is a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel (TDI, A5 platform-new style) car with 142,XXX miles (driven daily). The engine only has 57,000 miles (see below). The color is Seafoam Green (looks like medium charcoal and a soft green blend…very nice) with tan leather interior. It is located in Mobile, AL (Tillman’s Corner area). It has been my commuter car for the past year. We are the second owners of this vehicle and have the title in our possession. It is free and clear and is NOT a salvage title!

The original owner lived in NC and the Jetta was used as a highway vehicle (hence the high mileage). I have many of the service receipts, etc from the VW dealership and a VAG-Com Scan report. VW replaced the entire engine at 85,000 miles under warranty. I have the VW records of the replacement…but it did not say why it had to be replaced. Since we have owned the Jetta we have installed 4 new tires, engine air filter, cabin air filter, oil & filter and fuel filter changes per VW recommendations (using 505.01 oil), and the EGR valve was also replaced.

This is one of the best mileage automobiles out there for its size (similar to an Accord or Camry), and the modern diesel engine technology is proven to run for hundreds of thousands of miles. Overall, the VW TDI’s have fewer problems than most gasoline engines. It's also very peppy for a four cylinder due to the turbo-diesel. The engine and exhaust have NOT been modified or boosted (all stock)! It handles great and is fun to drive. During my normal driving I usually get between 38-42 MPG. Best MPG was 47.5 on a trip to the mountains…loaded and driving between 75-80 MPH. Worse mileage was 36.8. I changed back to Shell diesel and my mileage returned to its average range. Remember…during gas shortages, diesel is always available!

The paint, overall, is in good condition and looks great. There are light scratches (from use…loading and unloading…normal wear) around the back of the trunk deck and a few small blemishes (most could probably be buffed out). When clean and waxed…these are hardly noticeable. There are a few rock chips on front end…again nothing major. There are several spider cracks in the paint on the right front corner (down low). All the glass is in good condition. The CD player does not work (AM/FM Sirius Satellite, etc are OK and it sounds great! The VAG-Com report shows a problem with the left rear head air bag (back seat). The original owner tried to pull the trim off to inspect the plug in connection and could not get the trim piece back flush again (neither could I and the VW dealer was not interested in “looking” at it)…it’s so minor I just ignore it. The original owner was a smoker. We are NON smokers and it has not been smoked in since we purchased it in 2007 (we also had it deep cleaned and detailed). The drivers seat has a small blemish in the bottom (I think it is mainly just discolored- about 1/8”…tiny) and one place on the headliner above the drivers seat (we have sheepskin covers on the seats (not included) and I have pulled the divers side back for picture purposes only—sheepskin not included!). Last, the VW driver’s side floor mat has some wear. Other than these few items…I can’t think of anything else to report on. I have tried to be honest and detailed in my description of any known TLC areas (I hope this honesty is appreciated and does not detract from your interest in this excellent vehicle) . Other than the CD player issue everything on the vehicle works per factory specifications…no issues. …This vehicle is driven daily and we are planning a trip to the mountains in a week or two…again…No known mechanical issues.

This is a partial list of the features:
  • Driver & Passenger front and side airbags and side curtain head airbags in the rear
  • Heated front seats
  • Heated windshield washer jets
  • Remote power & heated side view mirrors
  • ESP (traction control/electronic stability package)
  • Power door locks (lock automatically when driving and unlock automatically when key is removed)
  • Remote key fob. Remote key fob locks/unlocks doors, unlocks trunk, opens/closes all 4 car windows, closes sunroof.
  • Full size spare tire
  • Factory VW Jetta floor mats (4) with extra carpet mats in the rear.
  • Power reclining driver seat
  • Air conditioning - CFC Free with pollen & dust filter (rear HVAC vents also)
  • Cruise Control
  • Power Windows with pinch protection-window stops and opens if there is an obstruction such as a hand/arm. Auto up/down (one touch) feature for each window.
  • Height adjustable, telescoping steering column
  • Split folding rear seats with integrated cup holder and storage in rear armrest.
  • Sunroof/Moonroof (power)
  • Front & rear reading lights
  • Dual illuminated front visor vanity lights
  • 16" alloy wheels & new tires
  • Large trunk area (VERY LARGE) with waterproof mat.
  • In-dash 6-disk cd player, AM/FM, and XM Sat Radio
  • Anti-theft alarm system for vehicle and radio
  • 5-Speed Standard Transmission
  • Immobilizer theft deterrent system
This car is a top pick from Consumer Reports magazine because of its great value and its reliability. It also gets among the highest ratings in vehicle safety.

It is the undisputed highway fuel economy champ: it got 49mpg versus 42 mpg (Prius) in a highway test drive
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060424/FREE/60417021&SearchID=73244466514443

I had a recent job change and went from driving about 35 miles one way to driving 2/10 of a mile! I can’t justify keeping this vehicle to drive it less than ½ mile a day. Our Jetta can be inspected by appointment and if you’re welcome to take it for a test drive…and I’ll be happy to accompany you! If you would like to have the VW dealer or Stokley’s Service Center (the only non-VW/TDI mechanic/shop in Mobile) inspect the vehicle I’ll will help you arrange that (your cost of course). I recommend that you inspect and drive the vehicle prior to purchase. Should you have any questions or if you want a picture of a certain part or angle…let me know and I will shoot it and email it to you.

NADA Clean Retail is $18,750. Link to NADA site: http://tinyurl.com/93vl2u
Accepting Best Offer over $15.999.00

Contact Travis Rayner @ 251-604-2131 cell or
Email/PM me

Travis :)

Last edited:

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
Nice car, it's hard to sell anything in these times. Not to mention the cheap gas prices. I would like to ugrade to this myself, but can't afford it at the moment. Good Luck.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
A couple points of interest........This is a Package "0" car.
The color is North Sea Green and it is not Leather itis Leatherette

FlyboyTR

TDI
06 Jetta, 159,000 miles
Thanks Jetta-SS. I hate to sell it but I can't justify driving it less than 1/2 mile to/from work!

Tomo 366, thanks...I stand corrected on the color and the leather/leatherette issue was an oversight on my part.

I hate to think about eBay...but I may have to make that jump.

Happy New Year!

FlyboyTR

TDI
06 Jetta, 159,000 miles
Lowering Price

Not much action... I need to sell this car. I would entertain an older Honda Civic (white, silver or light blue, 5 speed) as partial trade. I will also entertain all reasonable offers. May also consider a Honda Helix scooter as partial trade. Take a look...make me an offer. Thanks!

FlyboyTR

TDI
06 Jetta, 159,000 miles
OK...I really need to sell the Jetta. I will entertain offers in the 14K+ range. I can't purchased another vehicle until I sell this one...I just hate the Jetta no longer suits my driving needs. Thanks!