Fuel Pump Relay location???

ItsADiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
well it died while i was driving and i was able to coast it back to in front of my house, then had some buddies help me push it into the garage from there. anti-shudder valve? im kinda new the TDI thing, sorry. and when i bled them i did two at a time.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
ASV is attached to the EGR valve,on the intake(Left side of motor) you will see the EGR valve,it cotrols the air intake during startup nad shutdown,when you shut down the valve closes and starves the engine of air,prevents run on,sometimes these valves malfunction and stay shut,preventing a restart.
Pull the intercooler hose off the EGR,move the linkage attached to theEGR and see if the valve operates,if it does have a buddy cycle the key to see if it moves automatically

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
The ASV reopens a few seconds after shut down, then the only time it activates again is on the next shut down.

ItsADiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
bad news. it looks like the ASV is working just fine. i know you guys are getting tired of throwing out ideas at me and NONE of them working. but im just as tired of my car not working too. haha. so anyone have anyother suggestions?

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
How warm is your garage?

Go to the Midwest regional section and see if you can find someone who can go to your house and help you.

Or have it towed to a competent mechanic.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
ItsADiesel said:
i have a 2002 Jetta TDI that wont start and im pretty sure its because its not getting fuel. i want to check the fuel pump relay but i have no idea where it is and everywhere else ive looked online hasnt given me ANY help at all. i figure you guys are the experts when it comes to TDIs. PLEASE HELP! thanks!
please read the following

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=199398

zaeli

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 golf 175k (totaled, sold) 2000 golf tdi 375k (Malone 1.5) 2002 green diesel bug
Searched similar issues. No power to the fuel pump, 12v into the fuel pump relay, no 12v out. Examine the relay if it’s discolored, it got cooked. That’s why the relay is there