Houston TDI owners

Jesse_Boyer

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm all out...
Subscribing. My wife and I both had TDI's and I wouldn't have my daily-driver any other way. Looking forward to a GTG next time it happens.

vwautoworks

TDI
no tdi anymore passat and audi tt now...
gtg on the 22nd of sept

i have another small gtg planned and i hope to see some new faces out here and of course the ppl i already know too i hope yall all can make it. i would like any suggestions on food and whatever else will make it fun if yall would be so kind... oh and we changed our name and i would like to let everyone know i really want to tell everyone but due to certain ppl on here....i wont plus i have to respect the rules. but we are still at 18420 highway 3 suite b 77598 if you want to come out and party with us!!!!!!!;)

houstonmacbro

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
i have another small gtg planned and i hope to see some new faces out here and of course the ppl i already know too i hope yall all can make it. i would like any suggestions on food and whatever else will make it fun if yall would be so kind... oh and we changed our name and i would like to let everyone know i really want to tell everyone but due to certain ppl on here....i wont plus i have to respect the rules. but we are still at 18420 highway 3 suite b 77598 if you want to come out and party with us!!!!!!!;)
When?

vwautoworks

TDI
lol sorry it is on the 22nd at 5 its on the title line but i should have written it in the message too. ha:D

vwautoworks

TDI
i need to change my name on here to something not vwautoworks.... but i will be new again... i guess its a small price to pay....any suggestions i dont want ppl to think i am someone else and not like me for it it seems to be giving me a bad wrap

Noxid

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Can anyone recommend a window tinter up here in The Woodlands, Conroe, Spring area?

I would like to get the new Passat tinted.

Thanks.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's

houstonmacbro

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
Can anyone recommend a window tinter up here in The Woodlands, Conroe, Spring area?

I would like to get the new Passat tinted.

Thanks.
This is not an answer to your thread, but I had mine tinted at VW Momentum (on Richmond). I negotiated this as part of the sale.

Not sure who they use, but I can find the receipt if you're interested?

Noxid

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
The Woodlands/Conroe tint shops I have used for 20 years are marginal. We now see Rob at Extreme tint:

http://houston.citysearch.com/profile/9975507/spring_tx/xtreme_tinting_alarms.html

Only 10 miles or so south. Best shop on the north side of town.
Just the info I was looking for. Thanks.

This is not an answer to your thread, but I had mine tinted at VW Momentum (on Richmond). I negotiated this as part of the sale.

Not sure who they use, but I can find the receipt if you're interested?
Thanks for the help, but that is ok.

I am originally from Nacogdoches area and have used the same shop for 25 years. Alas, I am just getting lazy as I age and I don't really want to drive all the way to Nac to get my windows tinted. I felt fairly confident that there would be a shop like that one in Nac where "Bob" has put his sweat and own money into the place to get something going. A part of me I guess is still longing for a familiarity of home (Nac)

Later

Noxid

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Well, it took a while to get here but I am finally a TDI owner.

I love the car for now, but we have only known each other since about 7:30 last night.

The buying experience SUCKED. Looking back I could have been less confrontational, sheep'ish, but by the time it came to signing the papers I had lost trust / confidence in the salesman and floor guy whom he had to go to for every question I asked.

Competitive pricing by the dealership scores 4.0 out of 5 Stars. Happy with the price over all, not as good as some out of state dealers, but AS good as any dealer I priced in Houston, Dallas, Austin.
Communication by dealership before and during the sale scores 1.5 out of 5 Stars
Paperwork/check taker dude finalizing the deal scores 4.5 out of 5 (He wasn't bad at all)
Service Department Introduction 0.0 out of 5 stars

I presume I get comp oil changes, who knows, they never volunteered anything on the service side of the house and to be honest I didn't think to ask until I was already at the house.

Worst buying experience ever, on a purchase that for the first time in my auto buying history I was able to pay for the vehicle in cash and not finance anything, that was supposed to be a happy (feel good) experience.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Well, it took a while to get here but I am finally a TDI owner.

I love the car for now, but we have only known each other since about 7:30 last night.

The buying experience SUCKED. Looking back I could have been less confrontational, sheep'ish, but by the time it came to signing the papers I had lost trust / confidence in the salesman and floor guy whom he had to go to for every question I asked.

Competitive pricing by the dealership scores 4.0 out of 5 Stars. Happy with the price over all, not as good as some out of state dealers, but AS good as any dealer I priced in Houston, Dallas, Austin.
Communication by dealership before and during the sale scores 1.5 out of 5 Stars
Paperwork/check taker dude finalizing the deal scores 4.5 out of 5 (He wasn't bad at all)
Service Department Introduction 0.0 out of 5 stars

I presume I get comp oil changes, who knows, they never volunteered anything on the service side of the house and to be honest I didn't think to ask until I was already at the house.

Worst buying experience ever, on a purchase that for the first time in my auto buying history I was able to pay for the vehicle in cash and not finance anything, that was supposed to be a happy (feel good) experience.
DeMontrond? (actually, they all suck here in town). If I was to jump into a new one, I would make it a road trip to Chris Farnham (3193 here) in NJ and get a great deal and be treated like a human.

In case you don't know, a new VW of the Woodlands is under construction on the I-45 feeder before you get to 242 (east side). Now you can go there (soon) for your "free" oil changes, just make sure they use the right oil.

Noxid

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Your guess is correct, and I agree with you completely on your second comment.

I wondered what was going on, glad to see its a VW dealership!

Jnitrofish

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5, 2005.5, and 2006. 5m, 5m, and DSG.
DeMontrond's service department is just okay. The only service adviser I would talk to (if he is even still there) is Troy. The other advisers are like sharks that smell blood and normally get in the way when I ask for Troy (and they are generally ignorant).

No reason to do business with them or any other dealership in Greater Houston if you are out of warranty.

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
Posted this in the TD101 section, but thought I might get some answers here too. I actually live in Anacoco LA, but figure Houston is close enough to ask here.

I know dealerships are usually the last place you want to take your car, but since I will have 3 years/36,000 miles of free service I might as well use it. The closest dealer to me is 90 miles away Moffitt VW, the next closest is VW of Beaumont, then Southwest VW, then Gorman McCracken VW, then Crown Motor Company, of course there are a few in/around Houston. The one it is looking like I will be purchasing from is Momentum VW of clear lake.

Just trying to find out if any of these are ok to go to, and if any of them should be avoided no matter what.

Thanks,
Mark

phreaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf hatchback (purchased used in December 2021 to replace the 2015 Sportwagen (purchased new in Sept. 2017) that I totalled. :( Former TDIs: 2006 Jetta sedan (FLOODED -- Thanks, Hurricane Harvey); 2009 JSW (FLOODED-- thanks, Hurricane Harvey!)
West Houston VW

It's small and hungry. And the service dept seems better than most dealers.

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
It's small and hungry. And the service dept seems better than most dealers.
Thanks, Momentum was pretty good as far as buying experience goes, but I think I will be going to West Houston VW for my free service if I decide to use it. East side of Houston is 3 hours from me, so I am guessing that the west side would be 4-5 depending on traffic.

Patrick15630

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW Jetta SEL TDI
DeMontrond? (actually, they all suck here in town). If I was to jump into a new one, I would make it a road trip to Chris Farnham (3193 here) in NJ and get a great deal and be treated like a human.
In case you don't know, a new VW of the Woodlands is under construction on the I-45 feeder before you get to 242 (east side). Now you can go there (soon) for your "free" oil changes, just make sure they use the right oil.
Archer Volkswagen off of 59 North by the Beltway was where I picked up my 2011 Jetta TDI and the buying experience was AWESOME. Their dealership is located smack dab in the middle of 1000 shady little dealerships and their building kind of sticks out so I was drawn to it and I am glad I did.. Carlos (the salesman who sold me the TDI) was awesome. Let me test drive it alone twice (both times I came in to look at it before purchasing it after the second test drive) and didn't shove it down my throat or try and trick me in to purchasing other things. When he asked who I got my auto loan through and I told him USAA he mentioned their financing options once and when I said no thanks he didn't bring it up again. All in all from the moment I said lets do this to the moment he handed me the keys and I walked out with the car about an hour and a half had passed. Highly recommend them for any who want to look at purchasing in the future even though it is a bit of a drive.