2002 VW Jetta TDI in Tyler, TX for $3k

Gaurdian003

TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI
Firstly, I am a semi-Newbie, secondly I am not a mechanic. I will do my best to accurately describe this car. I know Nothing of it's history, I bought it off a guy that was the 3rd or 4th owner and he had no answers. My TDI Mechanic/Hobbyist said the engine looked great and that for a few thousand should be able to get it running with 262k miles on it. He was wrong, $4k later I have a great running TDI.

Price is Negotiable. Just passed Texas state inspection.
I have rehabilitated this 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI (diesel) with all leather interior, heated leather seats, moonroof and power everything. It gets an average of about 38- 45 mpg (depending on if I am really getting on it). 277k miles
It has New/ New-Used:
Alteeza style tail lights(used), front bumper(used), bumper cover, fuel filter, most of the radiator hoses, all four brake rotors (with 3 year warranty), all new brake pads, door lock actuator, new headlight assembly, alternator (limited lifetime warranty through O'Reilly), upgraded zxe headlights, new cabin air filter, new air filter, four new Bosch glow plugs, glow plug wiring harness, failsafe thermostat, 2 new tires on the front end (possibly due to me wanting to be the first off the line), roof liner completely reupholstered (still has the hot glue smell), transmission solenoid housing (rebuilt and bought off ebay) and atf fluid, 6 disc changer in trunk (sometimes works great, sometimes not), new-used driver's seat, upgraded glove box(not keyed to the car), has new-used hood that does have a few minor rock chips, will come with a new-used trunk lid as the current one does have a dent, timing belt and water pump done at 262k, 11mm fuel pump injector off a totalled tdi with 126k, and more. It will come with original oem tail lights and a small box of misc parts and badges.

The bad and unknown:
Has typical rock chips and a few small door dings. Has one really noticeable hail dent on the roof, the passenger rear quarter panel has a dent-rub and paint transfer from a construction barrel? Not sure it was there when I bought it. Doesnt really take away from the car. Drivers side bumper blinker is not attached-missing. There is a very small radiator hose leak somewhere, I have searched and searched and cant find it. It's not a bad leak maybe a cup of fluid every three months or so. I think the cylinder gaskets leak oil a bit, I havent noticed a fluid level difference. To the best of my knowledge that's all the bad and the good.
Why I am selling:
I am a Corrections Officer here in Texas, recently we lost one of our own, someone I knew. It brought with it the stark reminder that life is short. So I am selling my TDI (now that I have it all working right :-/ )and my Subaru Outback so I can put a good down on my dream car (Mustang GT)
Call or text 5094994five15 or 50949998four8
I havent figured out how to attach pictures. I can text them or email them. I will leave the link to the Craigslist ad that has pictures, if this isnt aloud please let me know. Also I Did read most of the Read first before posting post.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Welcome to the club.:) When was the last timing belt and rotating pulleys changed? Does the car have the original suspension components?

FYI, these older automatic transmissions (designated 01M) are not too popular on Fred's. A 5 speed is the preferred transmission.

Good luck with the sale.

Gaurdian003

TDI
2001 VW Jetta TDI
Timing belt, pulleys, alternator were changed at 262k. Ihave no idea on the suspension.
Yes the ALH with the O1M auto tranny isnt popular but it's what I have.