Battery flat/Doors locked

patrickmorris

TDI
01 Jetta TDI 02 Golf MKIV
Hey so my 01 Jetta has been parked up for two weeks at a friends house but the car had died due to the engine airlocking (air getting into my lines somehow) so i left it closeby at a friends. left it sitting for a while because ive been busy with exams and work been to the car a few nights to try fix it then decided today to get a truck to bring it to a garage car doors wouldnt open.

I can hear the mechanisms working in the door but its as if its stuck :/

My two barrels in the doors are seized (should probably of got that fixed) and ive to open it from the boot..but thats now not working.

The cars alarm is still flashing red so its not completely dead but is there anyway i can try to get in without it being too costly. If i can bend back the door will it open or is it deadlocked :/

Thanks for reading!

TDI in MT

Veteran Member
TDI
none, sold it.
The battery doesn't have enough power to pull all locking solenoids in at the same time.

Call a local locksmith. They have amazing tools to let them in to a locked car, and won't harm the car in the process.

Black_Smoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2000, 2003 and 2014 TDI Jettas and a fairly speedy '05 Duramax
Alternately, you might be able to charge up the battery from underneath the car. Attach the positive lead of a charger to the big wire which is connected to the starter and attach the negative lead to some other bare metal engine part.

I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure the starter solenoid is on the starter. If not, this idea won't work.

It's more pissing around, but cheaper than a locksmith (I've been a student).

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
A locksmith will have an airbag they can insert into the car door near the top and create enough of a gap to get a flat tool in there and snag the handle, which will allow opening the door.

This can be done without damage.

The other alternative is to try to get a charger on the battery from the bottom (e.g. via the starter PRIMARY cable and ground) but that requires removing the belly pan AND if you short it out you're going to be EXTREMELY unhappy with what happens; that's a VERY high-current connection!

I would call the locksmith and I'm usually one to find my own answer to problems like this.

Black_Smoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2000, 2003 and 2014 TDI Jettas and a fairly speedy '05 Duramax
The other alternative is to try to get a charger on the battery from the bottom (e.g. via the starter PRIMARY cable and ground) but that requires removing the belly pan AND if you short it out you're going to be EXTREMELY unhappy with what happens; that's a VERY high-current connection!
I like your idea. :D