Looking for a good VW Mechanic in Pittsburgh PA???

VNT17GUY

Veteran Member
Guys,

Anyone know a good VW Mechanic in Pittsburgh PA area?

I need a timing belt done and I would attempt it myself but I am a little hesitant as it looks somewhat detail oriented.

Thanks!

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
What year/model car do you have?

If you don't mind a short drive, there's UserID Metal Man in Sunbury... I hope he doesn't mind my posting his e-mail info: mavwp@ptd.net

Your car will be happy!

Yuri.

VNT17GUY

Veteran Member
Yuri,

I have a 2001 1.9L TDI beetle.

Someone recommended MoGolf, but I can't get a reply from him. Does Anyone have a phone No. for Glen?

Thanks.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
MoGolf's certainly one of the best... he's in the Columbus, OH area, but may have taken some time off... Jon Hamilton isn't too far away from him in Marysville, OH... again, a bit West of you... If you think that's close enough, send him a PM... again, first rate.

If you're heading East, again, Metal Man will be just fine!!

Yuri.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
You might have a rough time getting Jon to work on it soon...I know he has a number of clutch jobs lined up and the STPR rally is on the weekend of the 5th and 6th.
Kresevich...where exactly are you located?

VNT17GUY

Veteran Member
yuri,

thanks.

ofhs93-

I am about 20 miles outside pittsburgh. If you know anyone I would apprecaite the help.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
north...south...east...west? I'm guessing northwest or southwest....if your asking about going to Ohio to get the work done? I'm familiar with the Pittsburgh area...I lived in the Jeanette area for 6 years and my grandmother lived in Wilkinsburg.

Metal Man

Vendor
TDI
1998 NB TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2014 Tiguan gas, , 2019 E Golf X2
Thanks for the plug ymz.
I can help you out but I'm about 4 hours from Pittsburgh.For about $500 parts and labor you can have the water pump,rollers ,long life timing belt,tensioner and serpentine belt.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
>>I'm about 4 hours from Pittsburgh<<

I didn't know it was that far... however, he was asking about folks around Columbus, OH, which is about 3 hours away...

Yuri.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Take whatever is the fastest way to get to I-80 east...get on I-80 and DRIVE

For you it should be Rt 28 or I-79 depending on your exact location...I can't remember exactly where Cranberry is.
If you have a SO or kids then bring them along and enjoy a day at Knobels Park (Which Metal Man graciously offers to drive you to while he's doing the TB job)....picture Kennywood only nicer, better and cheaper food, and with a LOT less punks running around. Not as many coasters (two REALLY good woody's though) but the rest of the rides are better overall...you MUST get on the bumper cars if you go...they kick BUTT, and the magnificent Carrosel (spelling) actually still has the brass ring grab. It has been named the best family amusement park a number of times over the last 5 years and is still family owned (eventhough the big park owners keep trying to buy it from them)

danrock

TDI
Jetta, 99.5, torando red
Re: Looking for a good VW Mechanic in Pittsburgh P

i am in pittsburgh and may be looking into someone for a timing belt in the next few months. Are there ever any pittsburgh GTGs?

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
Re: Looking for a good VW Mechanic in Pittsburgh P

I will be in pittsburgh or morgantown doing a few TB's sometime in the next two or three months.

I'll post when a hard date is set, but if you need a TB sooner I can work that out.. I am in the area all the time.