Make me faster vets

TDI
2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L
Hello to all . I am currently in Afghan serving and am attempting to spend some of this money on my 2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L . What are some things I can do to improve the performance of my TDI and ultimately make it faster.. I am new to this and am sorry if I am out of place by asking a question like this, so please go easy on me Thanks Ron

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I suggest that you should read alot here.

Things change so what you do not may be different when you get home.

Remember that you have to tell us the miles on the car and the transmission THESE are important. Is the car being driven now? or in storage?

Thanks for being where you are and not appreciated by the locals, my time 40 years ago was in a similar place.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
So many choices...I could go on about them all... Like Peter said..how many miles? Auto or manual? How does it run now? If you get home anytime soon, try testing a couple of modded cars to get a sense of what you personally enjoy...this way, no money spent till you are sure. I can hook you up with a few cars modded different ways so that you can test them out when you become available....

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
ultimate mod? chassis swap. If you want you can take a ride/drive my TDI swapped mk2 GTI....you will be hooked and looking for a donor to drop your ALH into in no time! :D

TDI
2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L
HAHa you guys are awesome . Well I have a 2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L . Its Manual Transmission and has about 148000 miles on it . It is currently at my buddys place where he starts it every couple days and gets the tires rolling . I am due to be home mid Aug, so not much time left here . The previous owner put in a Vanaken power box, I think its called that . Anyway, it goes directly to my fuel pump, but I have tried to flip the toggle switch and I don't hear or feel much of a difference so maybe he hooked it up wrong . I have been told by one of our Army Mechanics today to stay away from water/methanol injection . Don't know why but alright . Thanks for the help, war sucks but my car will make me feel good when I get back!!! Ron

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
You should go to TDIFest in Maine this year. it's over labor day weekend. You will see several modded TDIs there. There are guest speakers that give lectures and workshops about your TDI. several gurus and vendors are there every year. Plus there are usually raffles and give aways. Take your money there. Plus some people bring items to sell.

Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
HAHa you guys are awesome . Well I have a 2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L . Its Manual Transmission and has about 148000 miles on it . It is currently at my buddys place where he starts it every couple days and gets the tires rolling . I am due to be home mid Aug, so not much time left here . The previous owner put in a Vanaken power box, I think its called that . Anyway, it goes directly to my fuel pump, but I have tried to flip the toggle switch and I don't hear or feel much of a difference so maybe he hooked it up wrong . I have been told by one of our Army Mechanics today to stay away from water/methanol injection . Don't know why but alright . Thanks for the help, war sucks but my car will make me feel good when I get back!!! Ron
Set of nozzles a tune will really wake that car up. Once that's done, it's time to open your wallet if you want some more hp.

TDI
2003 vw jetta TDI 1.9L
Wow that TDI fest sounds like a great idea. Maine is close enough to CT, thanks. Now when you guys mention bigger nozzles.. what size are the stock injectors, and what size do I want to lean toward ? Also when tuning a car, which I have never done . Is this something that can be done by a Mechanic shop or do certain individuals specialize in tuning vehicles . And your welcome when it comes to my service brnsgrbr, I am very proud to serve . Ron