Bleedingmybbrakes with Motive on a 06 TDI BRM

robtechno

TDI
2015 Golf 2.0 TDI.Sport wagen 53K. Previously a Jetta 06 with 205K. A5-BRM,
There are many old posts but they are very confusing about the bleed order. Some say RR first and some say LF first?
What is the correct order?
Some say that bleeding with an ABS system you need the VCS system to run a program, is this a must or will it work without.

Who has the correct answer, my TDI is from 2006, one of last Diesels in that year. I do all four brakes replacement and front wheel bearing so it should be good time to do a flush but I need answers on the above questions.

Thank you for you help here.
Rob

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
LF RF LR RR

(from the paper service manual)

the sequence is defined so that the overlap in path of piping puts clean fluid into the path. (as you start the second and following calipers)

I really like the bleed bottles Motive sells, keeps things clean.

opening the bleed screw when depressing the piston to make room for the new pads lets the dirtiest fluid escape the system.

I have changed the fluid in my 09 three times without using VCDS to operate the ABS. seems fine.

Andrewh

Veteran Member
as long as you don't let air into the system you don't need the vcds.

I didn't have the paper service manual with my 06 and did it the old way. Wish I had known, but it worked with no issues.

I had the vcds and used it anyway, but didn't make a difference, as I had not let air into the lines either.
also use the motive to power bleed.

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
Don't forget to bleed the clutch at the same time. I had the dealer bleed the brakes once. Two years later, when I did it myself, I concluded from the difference in old fluid color that they had failed to bleed the clutch.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Don't forget to bleed the clutch at the same time. I had the dealer bleed the brakes once. Two years later, when I did it myself, I concluded from the difference in old fluid color that they had failed to bleed the clutch.
That's because bleeding the clutch requires more work to get to the bleeder screw. I wouldn't have done it either if it wasn't my car :D that's why you should always do your own work unless you're filthy rich.