2015 TDI cars available

disisme

TDI
Hey folks I thought seeing as the cars are being scooped up quick perhaps we can list what we come across as cars available, may be worth it to some.
Here in Sault Ste Marie I got John James to email me whats left...
I have 2 golf diesel wagons, 3 golf hatchbacks, a jetta demo highline, a blue passat although it may be gone tonight, the white demo passat and that’s it.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
US info I read says $8500 rebate of MSRP and 0% financing. No details in Canada that I could find.

If it is the same in Canada remember it is a rebate, not a discount. So start your negotiating there.

Brantford VW says all their 2015s are already spoken for.

disisme

TDI
US info I read says $8500 rebate of MSRP and 0% financing. No details in Canada that I could find.

If it is the same in Canada remember it is a rebate, not a discount. So start your negotiating there.

Brantford VW says all their 2015s are already spoken for.
Actually there is a discount and a rebate depending on what year tdi you own and mileage .
This was my deal,

Hi Lynn: Here is the breakdown: $33890+1605fr+100a/c tax+380pde+395admin+10omvic fee+18tire tax for a total of $36398 - $6500 discount = $29898 - $15000 trade (approx) = $14898plus hst = $16834.74 - $1000 deposit - $5950 vw money = $9884.74 + $1000 lien = $10884.74 to finance at 0% or $8624.74 if you pay cash. I am sorry this is long form but I am not good with our remote printer/scanner. Cheers

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I am not talking about a trade though, only buying new. My point is that $6500 is not coming from the dealer, it's coming from VW. So there is still room to negotiate. Thanks for posting the details, though.

By the way Audi is offering $8600 rebate, plus CPO warranty and finance rates.

Last edited:

disisme

TDI
I am not talking about a trade though, only buying new. My point is that $6500 is not coming from the dealer, it's coming from VW. So there is still room to negotiate. Thanks for posting the details, though.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there knocking off a hefty discount to start with , trade in , but back or whatever. The salesman told me if they don't sell them in a certain time period then the left over 2015 tdi s go back. Only so many available.

disisme

TDI
Give John James a call up here in the Sault , I have the feeling you would be quite pleased with the deal.

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
Thanks Disisme but I don't have a cheater TDI to trade and your buddy is in a different time zone or thereabouts - he's too far away.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Just an FYI, I mentioned this in other threads. I called a few dealers and besides stock being limited, whatever price they advertise online seems to be MSRP + freight and pdi but no tax included... the discount is applied to the posted price and tax is paid after discount. A 2015 golf trendline auto msrp is 24,495 and some prices i've seen for the same car is 27000+ with the freight and pdi included.

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
A 2015 golf trendline auto msrp is 24,495 and some prices i've seen for the same car is 27000+ with the freight and pdi included.
So not only is there no big bargain or discount, there's actually a hefty premium. Effn' VW.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Well the dealers are giving anywhere from 5000+ in discount off the msrp with the freight and pdi included and in reality if you we're buying one these back in 2014/2015 you'd still be paying 24,495 msrp + freight and pdi so around the same as what is being asked now. It's an odd situation since not everyday you can walk into a dealer and buy a brand new car that's coming up on 3 years old and the question is what kind of deal could you get back then.

Last edited:

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
2.2TDI;5267835It's an odd situation since not everyday you can walk into a dealer and buy a brand new car that's coming up on 3 years old and the question is what kind of deal could you get back then.[/QUOTE said:
I don't see the $5k discount and what about depreciation? A 3-year-old car is not brand new regardless of whether it's been owned or driven before.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀

That's interesting... I just reread this and you're saying they're offering CPO warranty? CPO is certified pre-owned, so does that mean that these 2015's don't come with the standard 4yr/80000km warranty from factory?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I don't see the $5k discount and what about depreciation? A 3-year-old car is not brand new regardless of whether it's been owned or driven before.
You have to call a dealer, they seem to all have different discounts depending if you're paying cash or financing. I called 2, one gave me 5000 off and the other 6000. Some members are reporting more so the discount amount isn't a set amount it seems

disisme

TDI
That's interesting... I just reread this and you're saying they're offering CPO warranty? CPO is certified pre-owned, so does that mean that these 2015's don't come with the standard 4yr/80000km warranty from factory?
I asked about this in reguards to a 2015 passat demo they were selling that was used for shuttle, he said it would be the 2015 warranty from back in 2015 before they pulled them from being sold and it was the remainder of the warranty plus the CPO.

disisme

TDI
You have to call a dealer, they seem to all have different discounts depending if you're paying cash or financing. I called 2, one gave me 5000 off and the other 6000. Some members are reporting more so the discount amount isn't a set amount it seems
The financing is 0% upto 60months or $1500 off.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I asked about this in reguards to a 2015 passat demo they were selling that was used for shuttle, he said it would be the 2015 warranty from back in 2015 before they pulled them from being sold and it was the remainder of the warranty plus the CPO.
Yes but that's a used car at that point so it is sold under their CPO program. 2015 tdi's are brand new, albeit being 3 years old. According to tdi bone's statement he said audi is offering 8600 off and CPO warranty which would imply a used car. This wouldn't make any sense since their technically new. disisme, since you just got a 2015 tdi, what's the warranty on it? It should be 4yrs/80000km from date of delivery or something like that

Also, the 0% deal is nice but it's not anything special since they've done 0% on non tdis and other car manufactures offer 0% up to 84 months on some models...

disisme

TDI
Yes but that's a used car at that point so it is sold under their CPO program. 2015 tdi's are brand new, albeit being 3 years old. According to tdi bone's statement he said audi is offering 8600 off and CPO warranty which would imply a used car. This wouldn't make any sense since their technically new. disisme, since you just got a 2015 tdi, what's the warranty on it? It should be 4yrs/80000km from date of delivery or something like that

Also, the 0% deal is nice but it's not anything special since they've done 0% on non tdis and other car manufactures offer 0% up to 84 months on some models...
Yes it is the regular warranty starting from the day it is registered in my name, the extended warranty is also available.

TorontoSteve

TDI
2010 Jetta Highline DSG, 2015 Audi A3 Technik
"New" 2015 A3 TDIs aren't really rare at all. Most dealers still have them. They didn't begin selling them until last Wednesday.

Last edited:

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
To clarify, Audi CPO warranty offers an additional 2 years (and some Kms) that starts when the factory warranty runs out. The factory warranty doesn't start until the car is sold. One of the sales reps tried to explain the reason for being CPO, but didn't do a good job. What I think he was trying to say is they have to put them in the system as CPOs because the system won't handle them as new cars.

Anyway, FWIW as of Friday Audi Hamilton had 1 and Audi in Kitchener had 2 A3 TDIs.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
To clarify, Audi CPO warranty offers an additional 2 years (and some Kms) that starts when the factory warranty runs out. The factory warranty doesn't start until the car is sold. One of the sales reps tried to explain the reason for being CPO, but didn't do a good job. What I think he was trying to say is they have to put them in the system as CPOs because the system won't handle them as new cars.

Anyway, FWIW as of Friday Audi Hamilton had 1 and Audi in Kitchener had 2 A3 TDIs.
That makes a lot more sense now

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
I've spoken to a dealer but I am waiting to hear back on availability. I know there are a few sales guys that lurk in the forums ;) Does anyone here know anything?

We're thinking of trading our 2014 in and looking at the options. We'd prefer a golf or a wagon, 6spd manual, comfortline...

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Good luck in finding one. Call different dealers ASAP as there is a few around. 2015 pretty much all gone and the warranty on them is the 80km.

rhskcdn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2014 Reflex Silver
Yeah, I called about 6 before giving up. I think we may end up with a civic or a fit. My wife drives 12km/day at the moment and we'd rather not have another car payment.