VW still going strong, Quarterly earnings

jesssssser

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen ~118K
Here is a link to The Wall Street journal's article, sans paywall and ads

http://archive.is/RkKHG

If you looked at this forum, you'd never guess VW is a world leader in auto sales. I had no idea they sell more cars than Toyota?

Apparently "Dieselgate" isn't going to sink the ship after all.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, the haters have a tough time swallowing this fact too.

Shame that they won't be selling any diesels here again though.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
VW corporate greed/bad PR + non-optimized government emissions standards + low fuel prices + CAFE standards potentially being weaken + ... = light duty diesel vehicles % of the total national fleet decreasing and decreasing.

Drive more gasoline SUVs and pick up trucks and worry less ... :-(

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Looking at the prices for new 2015 models of TDI's, VW certainly does intend to continue to make profits. Yes, they are technically "new' vehicles, but 2.5 or more years behind new models of other vehicles. And I wonder how the warranty on those may be compromised. Yes, there is that pesky EPA and US lawsuit claim about how the warranty will need to work. I'm wondering which group a buyer would be able to trust. Otherwise, they look like sweet entries into what will become a dwindling source of TDIs.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Well, they're sitting on a bunch of diesels that they know won't be replaced, so why discount them? The diesel market may be a niche, but it is a niche that isn't being adequately addressed by others yet, so there really is no reason to discount them for now.

Then again, if diesel Cruze sales suddenly spiked up, then attitudes might quickly change...

Cheers,

PH