New 2015 Deal Offered Me

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
Assuming these "New" units will/should have the Phase 1 software fix on them and be elegible for the hardware upgrade by June of 2018 right? For those that have not driven the pre-fixed ones in my case the 6 manual you would probably not notice the significant difference in performance nor the loss in fuel economy, as you would not have a comparison. I also think the DSG will mask the performance feel. With ours we've (still tracking) experienced a loss of about 5 miles per US gallon equivalent with a noticeable performance lost in 5th and 6th. Can't say on the AdBlue usage yet, I know it's gone through more regents since Phase 1 relative to pre. Currently have 54,000 Kms on it now. I've never really tracked the regens, so it more anecdotal. I will say from new to phase one I noticed the fan on in the driveway and, or higher idle perhaps 2-3 times in 16 months. From phase 1 done before the end of this March to now its regened at least twice..... ours gets lots of hiway driving too, I'd say greater than 80 percent of the mileage has been highway.

It's been a great auto, and if we keep it I'd consider changing software files to reflect original performance levels or higher and recoup fuel economy. Compared to my stock 96 and 97 modified powerstroke trucks the emissions on this car I'm thinking are not on even on the page, in the book, libarary, town, or country.....

j

boomerzimm

TDI
'13 Sportwagen Manual
After much talking and wringing of hands I've decided to drive my '13 M6SW for another 18 months until the last possible buyout moment. After that we will see what's on the market. That said it leaves 2 Auto SE sportwagens in the Minneapolis area and an auto S model in Des Moines available for whoever wants one.

wolfr83

TDI
'11 Jetta TDI Man
I passed on a Golf SEL at Lithia as well and a Passat SEL at Luther in MN.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Boomer - IMHO - has the cost effective (and enjoyable - as I like the torque, space, 6M MPG and V-tex) plan I shall follow.

Maybe not quite the last possible moment tho'............

ez

krlesch

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (Buyback May 9, 2017), 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid Advance
I also passed on a Passat SEL at Westside VW in MN. The deal just wasn't good enough for a car that is almost 3 years old. Moving on... Buyback on May 9th.

moto7man

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI Six Speed
Estimate of MPG at 1/2 Tank and 11 year 162000 mile Emissions Warranty

I am exactly at 1/2 tank, but I know that is not exactly accurate. Correct me if this is wrong. 385 miles divided by 7.25(14.5 gallon tank capacity right?)=53.10MPG. I will update this when I get to empty on the 1st tank.
Also, I retrieved my supplemental VW emissions warranty book from the glove box yesterday and below is the VWdiesellookup.com info that I cut off the webpage. However, the VW supplement book has greater detail and specifies coverage for exhaust system DPF, fuel system including the HPFP and includes longblock, cams and many other items, the list is extensive.
See below,
Extended Emissions Warranty Information:
The vehicle has an Extended Emissions Warranty that runs for 11 years or 162,000 miles from the original in-service date. Please see your VW dealership for additional information including the vehicle’s in-service date.
In addition, and concurrently, the Extended Emissions Warranty runs for 5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the date of modification or first dealer resale post-modification. Please see your VW dealership for additional information on the vehicle's post-modification dealer re-sale date.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Those gauges are never perfectly linear so I wouldn't trust that ½ tic. Do you use Fuelly? Same result as if making a hand calc, but it maintains your history and tracks your fuel economy trends.

wolfr83

TDI
'11 Jetta TDI Man
Boomer...I cancelled my buyback as well scheduled for May 6th. Same reason. I will keep driving the Jetta for now.

boomerzimm

TDI
'13 Sportwagen Manual
2015vwgolfdiesel

I cancelled my appointment because I didn't think the offer of $5000 off or whatever the Lease calculation is, was enough to get me to buy a new TDI to replace my perfectly good one. I will wait until Sept 2018 to do the buyback and see what the dealers have to offer. I'm sort of being swayed by a 60 series Volvo at this point but now I have a year and a half more to mull it over or find a deal.

Gotta hand it to VW. They did their research into the exact price where supply and demand meet on this one. I was almost tempted but I think it would have taken $8K off to seal the deal.

I talked to three dealers yesterday and they said they would have no trouble selling the vehicles I had deposits on So VW was probably right on the mark with their offer.

What kept me out was:
1) Not enough of a price break for a '15
2) Uncertainty about the fix and it's effects on Milage and performance
3) unavailability of manual Sport Wagens
4) Fact that I have a perfectly decent '13 MSW
5) Need to act fast usually doesn't add to good decisions
6) Wasn't able to line up a test drive before committing
7) Price of gas doesn't seem to be going anywhere for a while making diesels less cost effective for the increased upfront outlay.

Just my 2 cents
This has been and continues to be a really good conversation.
Thanks Everyone

moto7man

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI Six Speed
MPG Update on New EPA Emissions Modified TDI Jetta S Six Speed

I just ran the tank to.25 of a gallon. I averaged 46.1 MPG. I ran it at about 70 on the interstate with and without cruise control and some in town driving. Overall, I love the car, it is a great machine!:D:D:D:D

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
2015vwgolfdiesel

I cancelled my appointment because I didn't think the offer of $5000 off or whatever the Lease calculation is, was enough to get me to buy a new TDI to replace my perfectly good one. I will wait until Sept 2018 to do the buyback and see what the dealers have to offer. I'm sort of being swayed by a 60 series Volvo at this point but now I have a year and a half more to mull it over or find a deal.

Gotta hand it to VW. They did their research into the exact price where supply and demand meet on this one. I was almost tempted but I think it would have taken $8K off to seal the deal.

I talked to three dealers yesterday and they said they would have no trouble selling the vehicles I had deposits on So VW was probably right on the mark with their offer.

What kept me out was:
1) Not enough of a price break for a '15
2) Uncertainty about the fix and it's effects on Milage and performance
3) unavailability of manual Sport Wagens
4) Fact that I have a perfectly decent '13 MSW
5) Need to act fast usually doesn't add to good decisions
6) Wasn't able to line up a test drive before committing
7) Price of gas doesn't seem to be going anywhere for a while making diesels less cost effective for the increased upfront outlay.

Just my 2 cents
This has been and continues to be a really good conversation.
Thanks Everyone

Thank you:)

boomerzimm

TDI
'13 Sportwagen Manual
My local dealer with the S model sportwagen, that isn't the car we really want, emailed Friday and offered another $1000 off.

Looks like there is room to deal at the end of the month.

Shadownmss

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
I am new to the forum. I just purchased a new TDI SE Sportswagen for approximately 6K off the sticker price. I wish it were a manual. With only a couple of hundred miles on the "new 2015" I really love the car....This is the first VW and Diesel that I have owned. I wish I had purchased one years ago!

moto7man

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI Six Speed
2nd Tank MPG Update

I just ran the tank to.25 of a gallon. I averaged 46.1 MPG. I ran it at about 70 on the interstate with and without cruise control and some in town driving. Overall, I love the car, it is a great machine!:D:D:D:D
I just finished the 2nd tank of diesel. I got 48.6 MPG. It is an awesome machine
I love it!

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I work over 400 miles from home, work in NW Washington, live in NE Washington. I picked up a 2015 Passat SEL Premium and on my way home I drove HWY 2, Stevens pass, which is mostly 60 MPH and I got 44.6 MPG, on my way back to work yesterday I wanted to see what the MPG would be going faster, so I drove I-90, which is mostly 70 MPH, except on the west side where there is some 60 MPH zones, and I got 43.3 MPG. Both are figured with pen and paper, but the display was very close. I know only 2 tanks may not be a good average, but I was shocked because this is a good 6 MPG better than my 2013 Passat SEL Premium ever got. Also the extra torque & Hours power is very noticeable. Love the 2015 but glad I have the 11 year warranty because when I lift the hood and see all the crap , I don't even know what half that stuff is and I have always been able to work on all my diesels.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
Horse power not Hours power

NAZ TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
Everybody has their own idea of a good deal. What worked for me: I have a 2011 Jetta with a buyback value of $17,749. Local dealer had a new 2015 Jetta for $18,850 after the $5,000 rebate (last one they said, for what that's worth). Add in the $350 from Bosch and the original $1,000 'goodwill' gift, and it's essentially an even trade; a2011 black on black DSG Jetta with 94,000 miles for a 2015 black on black DSG Jetta with 117 miles. So for the cost of sales tax and dealer doc fees, I have a four year newer TDI with 94,000 fewer miles, new car warranty, and a better engine. I also eliminated concern over whether there would ever be a fix for the 2011, and the question of whether there would ever be TDI's in future models.
So I figured, why get greedy for some more of VW's money and possibly miss out on the last of one of the best engines ever made! All the emissions hullabaloo is just political nonsense! These TDI's were and ARE clean diesels!!

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
Not a good deal on a two year old "new" car, IMHO.

Dealers are going to offer the minimum discount they can right now. VAG was only expecting to buy back approx. 80k cars, they have far surpassed that. They are going to have a hard time unloading these and will definitely sweeten the deal down the road, but inventory may be limited later.

I'm keeping my eye out for a Passat, black interior, and manual trans.
Why would they sweeten the deal when there is no car on the market that can fit as much as a JSW, still get that kind of milage, not suck to drive and not cost 10+K more?
I wasn't ready to sell mine back yet, but after looking at whats available on the market and seeing these "new" tdis now available i'm considering actually buying a "new" car for the first time even though it's not new. Does anyone know if VW is planning to release TDIs in 2018? Or even a hybrid wagon?

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
I am new to the forum. I just purchased a new TDI SE Sportswagen for approximately 6K off the sticker price. I wish it were a manual. With only a couple of hundred miles on the "new 2015" I really love the car....This is the first VW and Diesel that I have owned. I wish I had purchased one years ago!
Welcome to the club! What kind of MPG are you getting? I'm considering a 2015 right now.

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
Everybody has their own idea of a good deal. What worked for me: I have a 2011 Jetta with a buyback value of $17,749. Local dealer had a new 2015 Jetta for $18,850 after the $5,000 rebate (last one they said, for what that's worth). Add in the $350 from Bosch and the original $1,000 'goodwill' gift, and it's essentially an even trade; a2011 black on black DSG Jetta with 94,000 miles for a 2015 black on black DSG Jetta with 117 miles. So for the cost of sales tax and dealer doc fees, I have a four year newer TDI with 94,000 fewer miles, new car warranty, and a better engine. I also eliminated concern over whether there would ever be a fix for the 2011, and the question of whether there would ever be TDI's in future models.
So I figured, why get greedy for some more of VW's money and possibly miss out on the last of one of the best engines ever made! All the emissions hullabaloo is just political nonsense! These TDI's were and ARE clean diesels!!
Fully agree with this! Now i guess i have to fly out to AZ after doing the buyback to get that deal??

Scongiundi

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (6spd manual), 2015 Jetta TDI SE (6spd manual)
Just Purchased

I am in the process of purchasing a new 2015 Jetta TDI SE (manual). Having to ship it because there were no manuals to be found around here. Higher trim than my current 2013 Jetta TDI and for less money than my current Jetta. I hope this whole emissions scandal does not mark the end of a great car era in the US, but at least I'll have one of the last ones, which I plan on driving until it cannot drive anymore. These are such great cars.