'09 Needs New Mechatronic Unit

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
Brought my '09 into the dealer today to have them diagnose the jerky/hard/noisy shifting. Car has 6,700 miles on it and has been flawless otherwise.

Dealer called a few hours later and said no codes were found, but that they were waiting for a call back from VW Tech. A bit later, they informed me they were ordering a new Mechatronic unit and it would arrive in 2 weeks, and they would need the car for the better part of a day.

Talked with the service manager and he said that they have had several cars with a similar problem and that according to VW Tech, there was also a "bad" batch of mechatronic units. He said they are trying to keep it quiet, but that the replacement units have been flawless. Not saying this is completely true, just what he told me.

Good news is they are trying to fix the issue rather than saying it is "normal." Hopefully it will take care of it!

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Good to hear BTL. My DSG has been very smooth with no jerky / hard / noisy shifting. I am only looking forward to my new TS once the recall notices go out. So far, about 2K miles and still drives great and lovin the car.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
When was your car built?

Like I mentioned to you before, mine's been acting up occasionally lately.

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
Don,
3/09. VERY funny thing is....with these chilly mornings we've been having, the car seems BETTER. Strange. As much as I don't want them tearing into my DSG, something needs to be done!

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I think I'll wait and see how yours goes before I put up a real stink. I have my 10K service scheduled for the 20th. We'll see if they have to tear into the trans anyways for the recall. I haven't gotten the paperwork yet though.

securityguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan
Mine was built 03/09 too...very strange yours is not a part of the recall:confused: Remember guys...NO ONE has gotten any letters yet as they are just being processed this week.

Lee_Taylor

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 1.4 COD
BTL the mechatronic unit is pretty much a bolt on part from what I understand. The Bentley states that an oil and filter change is done at the same time so that's a bonus.