Largest Biodiesel plant slated for Grays Harbor, Washington

AutoDiesel

Veteran Member
Gotta' love that palm oil!;)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002983801_biodiesel10m.html
But the project also could hurt smaller biodiesel plants proposed in Eastern Washington because it would hold down prices and meet demand for biodiesel, said Chad Kruger of Washington State University's Climate Friendly Farming project.
But Bruce Nave, an Arizona businessman looking to build a biodiesel plant in Whitman County, predicted the Grays Harbor project's use of foreign palm oil could make it less attractive to consumers.
"We're trying domestically to get off imported fuels, whether or not it's a renewable fuel or petroleum," he said.
The plan to use Malaysian palm oil also raises questions for some about the environmental benefits, because rain forests in Malaysia are being cleared for palm-tree plantations, said Brant Olson, of the environmental group Rainforest Action Network.
Plaza said Imperium Renewables will try to make sure its palm oil comes from sustainable palm plantations.

I'll only use biodiesel for Whole-Energy.
Made from recycled oils in Whatcom county.

tiesel

TDI
former owner Golf A4
There is a biodiesel plant near where I live in Claypool, Indiana under construction. It will produce 250,000 gallons of biodiesel daily. I can't wait for it's effects to the local economy.