oil change sched for 2005 Jetta

georjetta

I need some advice from the 'team'! My 2005 Jetta wagon is nearing 24,000 kms and I had assumed it was oil change time. I thought oil changes were to be done every 8000 kms. According to the owner's book, my next oil change and service it at 32,000 kms. Is that right?
Thanks. By the way, this site rocks. I used to think it was great having a nerdy car geek brother, but now I have all of you! Even better.
Cheers
Georjetta

Long_Range

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Sedan GL 2004
First two oil changes are a reduced oci. 8,000 kms. Then 16,000 kms intervals after. This would put your third oil hcange at 32,000 kms followed by one at 48,000 kms. and so on.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Just make sure that an oil conforming to VW spec 505.01 (or better) is used whenever you have it changed! Many of us recommend doing it yourself... if you updated your profile to indicate your location, we may be able to recommend places to shop...

BTW: don't let your dealer try to convince you to remain with 8000 km oil changes... that's a favorite gambit of theirs...

Yuri.

georjetta

I am in Calgary. I would love to know if there is a recommended alternative to the dealerships for having the oil changed. Doing it myself is not an alternative due to the fear factor.... fear of most things mechanical!
Georjetta

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
Perhaps the best solution would be having one of our TDI brethren or sistren show you how while attending a GTG.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for the day. Give him a fishing pole and he'll....

It only take two to have a GTG, right?

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon