Oil dipstick tube

4XTaco

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Touareg
How hard are these to replace? Where can I get a replacement?

Mine broke down where it transitions from plastic to metal, so I have it kind of glued/taped in place for now to keep contaminants out. What a bummer... :( I am guessing engine heat weakened it because it didn't take much to bust it or it was already cracked and I didn't see it.

VWWV

Veteran Member
TDI
passat 96, candy white
4XTaco said:
How hard are these to replace? Where can I get a replacement?

Mine broke down where it transitions from plastic to metal, so I have it kind of glued/taped in place for now to keep contaminants out. What a bummer... :( I am guessing engine heat weakened it because it didn't take much to bust it or it was already cracked and I didn't see it.

Got one for my B4 recently. World Impex called it a "funnel". Inexpensive. I fashioned a hook from some stiff wire to grasp the part left in the "metal" and that portion pulled right out. Then, the new funnel just snaps in and you are done. I think the use of plastic was a bad idea but it is better than the metal "funnel" on the A2... which inevitably leaks (if it gets bent by a ham hand) where it enters the bottom of the block... requiring something like a silicone sealant or epoxy.

vwlogue

Veteran Member
TDI
7th VW: 2011 SportWagen TDI & 6th: 2000 Golf TDI
Got mine from another TDIclub vendor, metalmanparts.com, $7.50 shipped and arrived in two days. Be careful ordering online from other VW dealers/sources. The part number on the old one has been superceeded in ETKA, but that replacement # is only for a small part of the tube.