Can a 2012 Jetta SE have a TDI suspension? Cant find a LCA for this car!!

Average_AZN

TDI
2012 Jetta SE
Hi guys, I am replacing the front Lower control arms on my friends 2012 VW Jetta SE 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic vin(3VWDP7AJ8CM349998).
I am trying to locate the correct replacement part for her. However, every website seems to be recommending a different LCA than the ones that I saw while I was under the car.
VW's website and other say this (#9) is the LCA that I need. However, I know for a fact thats the wrong part. The LCA that i saw on the car looks to be this one from a 2012 TDI.
Does anyone know how this could be possible? Did VW use two different suspension setups on the same year car?
Here is a picture of the rear-most bushing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very confused.
Thanks!

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
If you don't want to just change the bushing,

provide the VIN to either a dealer or online vendor of your choice.

a proper lookup should identify the correct part.

some of the online parts lists are not always correct.

( I was shocked too!)

Average_AZN

TDI
2012 Jetta SE
It looks to me that every website is trying to sell me this LCA, But Should i go ahead and buy This LCA? Are they interchangeable? The first one has the bushing on a completely different axis.

Also, What are your thoughts on replacing it with the Audi bushing that ive read about?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
http://www.vwpartscenter.net/auto-p...ne/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

These guys are an online dealer.

the two types of LCA you see are not interchangeable.

Looks like one is on the sedan, other is on the wagon.

I actually have an A3 bushing on my car right now.

one in the middle above. original is bottom. (not my photo)

I had purchased the A3 bushings, and pulled them off after just a couple weeks, thinking they were a little too harsh.

when the OEM rear bushings (purchased at local dealers) failed, (steering wheel shaking at 70 mph was the symptom),

I put the A3 LCA bushings back on. the ride is a bit harsher, but I like the responsiveness. seems like quite a bit of slop is taken out of the steering.

Folks have also put a much stiffer poly version of these bushings in, and seen much harsher ride.

for what it is worth, here is some info I put together from working on my car. (sorry, it does not really apply to the 2012 gasser sedan)

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/lca-lower-control-arm-rear-bushing-replace/

Last edited:

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
It looks to me that every website is trying to sell me this LCA, But Should i go ahead and buy This LCA? Are they interchangeable? The first one has the bushing on a completely different axis.

Also, What are your thoughts on replacing it with the Audi bushing that ive read about?
Your problem is that you looking wrong.
Your car is sedan, and you looking bushing for Wagon or Golf.
2011 and up Sedan is way different then early sedan or 2010 and up Wagon or Golf.And I know it is very confusing is catalog.
Part number for Bushing should be 5C0407183A.