$4000 Premium - V6 TDI over V6 gasser

volkswagendude

Veteran Member
TDI
None for now...
Here in Canada anyways..

Was just looking at the VW.CA website, and they have finally listed accurate pricing on the comfortline and highline models. On both trim levels respectively, the TDI commands a $4000 price tag increase over a comparable V6 gasser. I wasn't expecting such a price gap! Mercedes's price gap on the other hand, from gasser to CDI seems to be much more reasonable, with slight variations depending on the model, but nevertheless, it's less than VW's.

Comments?

Last edited:

eli

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Cruze stickshift 2019 Terrain
My comment is that it's only the total awesomeness of the diesel engine which gets me seriously looking/considering a SUV or any truck whatsoever.

Whether it's a $4k premium or $5k or $1k, I consider diesel engine part of "base price". Perhaps are some other features beyond the engine included in the $4K? That would be very VW-ish.
Anyway, lately I'm fantasizing about the below new vehicles:
camaro v6 or v8 manual
pontiac G8 GXP manual
a Two-rag V6 TDI slushbox with less than $1K of options on it!
cheers,
/e

volkswagendude

Veteran Member
TDI
None for now...
Nope.There are no extra "standard features" in the TDI model over the gasser. None that I can see here in the online brochure. Some please do tell me if I'm missing "ONE."

How can you consider the diesel engine on the egg as part of the "base price"? That would be no different than having said a couple of years ago, that the V10 TDI, was "base" also? :confused: Not sure exactly what you wrote, excuse me if I misinterpreted.

The first question that a sales rep usually asks in a VW showroom is, "how many km's(or miles) do you drive in a year. This question is asked to see if you are realistically a TDI canditade or not, mind you, this question does more apply to cars like the Jetta, and could NEVER have been applied on a wonderful, monstrosity, like the late V10 TDI . However, seeing that the V6 TDI is not the performance engine in the lineup, like the V10 TDI was, then the above question on the VR6 vs V6 TDI can apply. The V8 4.2 FSI is now the performance engine in the lineup(USA only), however it will in all likely hood be discontinued in the USA in 2010(was already discontinued in Canada).

Last edited: