Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

INowHateVW

TDI
2012 Jetta
I spoke to both someone at the VW Claims USA hotline designated for our cases (option 8) and Class Counsel yesterday. They were unable to give me an update or anticipated timeline for the buyback process. I was also told that the 'trial buyback' was not court approved, but was the basis for submitting the proposed solution to the courts, and that their response is required before processing any more buybacks.

Has anyone else gotten any kind of information as to what the expected process will look like for the rest of us? Reactorface, how long from beginning-turn in this week did the review & buyback process take?

... waiting (not so patiently). My car requires servicing and I'm unsure how much longer this will take and how much more I'm expected to outlay financially.

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
serenity now

I spoke to both someone at the VW Claims USA hotline designated for our cases (option 8) and Class Counsel yesterday. They were unable to give me an update or anticipated timeline for the buyback process. I was also told that the 'trial buyback' was not court approved, but was the basis for submitting the proposed solution to the courts, and that their response is required before processing any more buybacks.
in my experience dealing with the CSR's the degree of helpfulness covered the whole spectrum from some telling me that i wasn't eligible and should call VWoC and submit a claim with them, to telling me answers to exactly what i called about. things improved dramatically once i was assigned a SPOC (single point of contact). i really don't have any insight as to what goes on behind the scenes at either VWoC or VWoA just what i have outlined in previous posts. I've had no interaction with class counsel past my initial application months ago since they had no answers until the settlement was approved and after that they were out of the loop since its not their job to work out the mechanics of how its going to work that's up to VW to work out, which is what they are trying to do.

Has anyone else gotten any kind of information as to what the expected process will look like for the rest of us? Reactorface, how long from beginning-turn in this week did the review & buyback process take?
read through my previous posts its documented there, it sort of snowballed if you know what i mean, it started off slowly and once it gathered momentum things happened quickly

... waiting (not so patiently). My car requires servicing and I'm unsure how much longer this will take and how much more I'm expected to outlay financially.
at the least if your still driving the car change oil and filter, fuel filter, top up DEF.

norcorider

TDI
2013 Passat TDI (Buyback completed Dec 21st)
Last month, I had check engine light on, reason for which was a faulty NOX sensor. After lot of back and forth, VWOC agreed to fix it under warranty.
Now , the check engine light is back on :(

Though it has been giving excellent mileage for its size, I cant deal with the unreliability anymore. Can't wait to give it back to VW.

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
codes

Last month, I had check engine light on, reason for which was a faulty NOX sensor. After lot of back and forth, VWOC agreed to fix it under warranty.
Now , the check engine light is back on :(

Though it has been giving excellent mileage for its size, I cant deal with the unreliability anymore. Can't wait to give it back to VW.
can you read the code? if so what is it. I was getting P202A and/or P13D6 daily I just kept clearing them and drove on.

norcorider

TDI
can you read the code? if so what is it. I was getting P202A and/or P13D6 daily I just kept clearing them and drove on.
How do I do that? VW dealer charges 134$ just to scan for CEL error code.
I have an obd device and tried using it with torque app, but it couldn't connect.

I would like to just clear it if not critical.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray

norcorider

TDI

CanadianLurker

TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige
Thanks DanB, I will explore this option. As long as I can clear the error code till buyback is done, its worth the investment.
I have a VCDS cable and can run a diagnostic to read the code(s) and then clear it for you. It'll just cost you a trip to Oakville and a Starbucks order! Let me know if interested.

norcorider

TDI
I have a VCDS cable and can run a diagnostic to read the code(s) and then clear it for you. It'll just cost you a trip to Oakville and a Starbucks order! Let me know if interested.
Absolutely. :) Thank you for the help.

Sending you a pm to coordinate further.

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
no bosch

Did it include the funds from Bosch? Or is that still to come? Or did it not come up at all?

it did not include any bosch money that would be a separate cheque from them, from what i have learned. that would be icing on the cake if it ever arrives though.

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
How do I do that? VW dealer charges 134$ just to scan for CEL error code.
I have an obd device and tried using it with torque app, but it couldn't connect.

I would like to just clear it if not critical.
i have a vag com cable for mods but it is a bit cumbersome for clearing codes
i have a Bluedriver that connects via bluetooth to my phone that i can clear codes on the fly as the P202A code would come in 5 min after every start, PIA!! it can read odbII codes from any vehicle as well not just VW among other functions.

norcorider

TDI
i have a vag com cable for mods but it is a bit cumbersome for clearing codes
i have a Bluedriver that connects via bluetooth to my phone that i can clear codes on the fly as the P202A code would come in 5 min after every start, PIA!! it can read odbII codes from any vehicle as well not just VW among other functions.
Thanks Reactorface. I met CanadianLurker yesterday and he scanned my car. Its the dreaded P202B - Reductant Tank heater :(
Any advise on what should i do next? Should i get it looked at or take my chances and wait for the buyback?

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
Thanks Reactorface. I met CanadianLurker yesterday and he scanned my car. Its the dreaded P202B - Reductant Tank heater :(
Any advise on what should i do next? Should i get it looked at or take my chances and wait for the buyback?

it is a ~ $1200.00 repair at the dealer you might get it done else ware cheaper, of course the heater and electrics are internal to the tank so you have to buy the whole apparatus which is ~$500.00 although there is a recall in the U.S. for a replacement, but of course you would have to go to a U.S. dealer to have it done. apparently the heater prevents the def from freezing which wont be an issue for a month or 2 and your MIL will be on all the time which will mask any legitimate issues that may need attention.

search this thread AdBlue Heater Warranty Extended to 120,000 Miles

norcorider

TDI
it is a ~ $1200.00 repair at the dealer you might get it done else ware cheaper, of course the heater and electrics are internal to the tank so you have to buy the whole apparatus which is ~$500.00 although there is a recall in the U.S. for a replacement, but of course you would have to go to a U.S. dealer to have it done. apparently the heater prevents the def from freezing which wont be an issue for a month or 2 and your MIL will be on all the time which will mask any legitimate issues that may need attention.
search this thread AdBlue Heater Warranty Extended to 120,000 Miles
Darn it. Thanks for the advice Reactorface.

benficais

TDI
jetta 2009
Nothing new on my end.

Reactorface, any chance you can provide the contact info from the individual from VW (Ajax) that helped you out?

gerpeters

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI and 2003 Jetta TDI
@Reactorface so far it seems that there is no progress for us other US VIN owners of VW vehicles. What source did you have whom you managed to contact to get the ball rolling? Are you willing to share that information with us so that we can maybe go further up the chain to find out where it's at? Perhaps we can agree on one person to have that information in then that person would speak on behalf of everyone else.

norcorider

TDI
Folks, I just got a call from VW claims administrator USA, informing that they are processing my claim.
All I did was a strong worded tweet to @vw and @vwcanadatdi. And soon they asked me to DM my vin and contact number. That was 3-4 days ago and today I got a call. Fingers crossed.

gerpeters

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI and 2003 Jetta TDI
Anyone have any luck with Luigi?
Yes, I spoke to Luigi yesterday. He told that me that he expects the appointment setting to start within a month. There have been several conference calls between VW Canada and USA since the conclusion of the pilot. He said that it is a completely manual process because the USA portal is not accessible to the Canadian team because of privacy reasons. They are currently doing a pilot of returning a Canadian car in the USA (the other way around). So for us the appointment setting will be an email or phone call not through the portal. Stay tuned as I hear more