Ea288 stage 1 tune

Brozner

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
I just bought a 2015 Jetta tdi and am wondering if Apr or any other stage 1 tune is available. I can't seem to find any information online. If it's available, what are they claiming the performance numbers are after the reprogramming? Thanks

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Check with Malone, Rocketchip, TDTuning, or one of the other recommended tuners here. At this point, I doubt that anyone has anything available.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Check with Malone, Rocketchip, TDTuning, or one of the other recommended tuners here. At this point, I doubt that anyone has anything available.
edited, we have one tool that may be able to tune them, very very few dealers have it.

Last edited:

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Mark Malone has a tool that will read and write them, I might upgrade mine soon. Who wants to be the first? :)

Last edited:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Nothing new here, these tools and tune have been out for the past year for EDC17C64.
You can now get a droid tuner and retune with your phone and droid-obd2 adapter. You'll tuner will need to unlock the obd2 on the bench first. Includes edc15, edc16, edc17, med9, med17, me7, etc. I still like the spider boot daughter-board that lets the tuner lock the ecu read/write with his own protects (so only the customer can read/write thru the port, not other readers).
Jeff

http://www.droidpersonalflasher.com/

Last edited:

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT; 2009 Jetta TDI DSG
edited, we have one tool that may be able to tune them, very very few dealers have it.
Edit:holy ****, it's you haha!

Where you at? I inquired Malone and got this:

Hi Jered, our tuning tools are not able to tune the 2015 cars yet, I"m sorry. The good news is that I'm your "local" dealer in Dallas, GA and also one of the most experienced dealers in the USA.

Thanks!

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
This will be my first tuning experience. Please explain why not APR?
Search for it - there are plenty of user experiences that have been posted here about their diesel tunes.

gary2smart

TDI
2013 TDI Jetta
Information from personal APR experience

This will be my first tuning experience. Please explain why not APR?
APR tune does not delete the DPF and with the engine working at higher performance you will have increased DPF cycles. There is also a loss of during the regen cycle while driving. Do Malone my experience with them is superb.