Can a P3007 cause a P0299?

cjharris02892

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle, 2000 Golf and 2005 Jetta MKIV w/BEW
Hello,

Bought a 2005 Jetta BEW with a 110,000. I did the timing belt because I did not have a history. Car has been running fairly well except for a slight lack of power. I hooked up the VCDS and found a code P3007. Cleared it and it reoccurs immediately. Car starts just fine and idles smoothly.

I have ordered a new camshaft position sensor and a set of intercooler seals (5 in total). They are coming in for the weekend.

Last night it threw a P0299 and went into limp mode. Can this be related to the P3007 or should I start Mighty Vac"ing" the system, N75, Turbo Actuator, etc?

Oh the joy of a new used TDI. BTW, a BEW in limp mode is still fairly drivable compared to an ALH in limp mode.

TYIA.

This is my 5th TDI all previous ones were/are ALH, 1st crack at a BEW. Not looking forward to the camshaft swap down the road. :D

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Don't know about the P3007 code, but the P0299 is what I had due to a leaky turbo actuator and limp mode as well. I managed to install a Garrett actuator on the Borg Warner turbo which works physically, but now I have a constant P2565 DTC. I may have to have a chip tuner cancel out that function.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
I dont think a cam code will make P0299 code. Honestly for the cam code you should check for harness problems as the plastic loom cover wears into those wires a lot. I also wonder if timing was off enough if it would trigger that cam code.j

There is also a "ground wire update" bulletin that relates to a cam code so you might want to research that some.

cjharris02892

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle, 2000 Golf and 2005 Jetta MKIV w/BEW
Update

I replaced the camshaft sensor and the P3007 disappeared. Took a while to source a replacement grommet, but found 1 at ECSTuning. Couldn't find it without the exact part number which I happened upon after a fair amount of searching.

I checked the actuator on the turbo and it was working fine, started moving at 5 on the mighty vac and stopped at 20. I pulled the N75 and tested it for vacuum and wouldn't hold. I pulled the N75 from my now retired 2001 ALH Golf and added a couple of 7 inch pigtails on the two nipples that faced the wrong way and no more P0299. Will order the correct N75, but on Christmas Eve the temp N75 hook up will do just fine.

Once I get the new parts, will put old ones back on the ALH and finally get my arse in gear and pull the engine.