deiver door lock-unlock

selections

TDI
Jetta 2006
Hi All
I have 2006 TDI Getta, have a problem lock and unlock driver door with the remote control
all other doors working fine
any idea what is the problem, some told me it may be the battery and or the car battery, OR the door actuator, but all other doors are working fine
thank you

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
Probably the driver door harness or the locking module itself. Check for harness broken wires at the door booth.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
VW issued a new harness for the driver's side door, as the original was too short and prone to breakage where it passes thru the rubber boot between the body of the car and the door.

Might be a good starting point to loosen the rubber accordion cover at the door hinge and carefully inspect the harness for chafing, especially where the wires enter the car body and door.

Next suspect would be the door actuator itself, since the problem is isolated to that one specific door.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would replace both the latch and the [updated] harness, as both are problematic and given the age of the car both are suspect and both require the door come apart to replace.

Not a bad job, just fiddly with lots of little screws.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
...the ole "while I've got it all apart"... which in this case is sage advice. :)

Having had (too) many occasions to disassemble doors on multiple cars (harnesses, actuators, window regulators :) ) it's a straightforward but ploddy job that ideally you only have to do once in any car's lifetime.