VCDS 17.8.1/Engine/Measuring Blocks/Basic Settings/Dropdown/No Documentation Avail

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
Changed the fuel filter on the '14 JSW MT6 TDI, and need to prime the filter prior to starting the engine, so get out the Vagcom (Hex/Can), turn on the ignition, connect Hex/Can. Goto Engine/Basic Settings and the drop down list where I would choose "fuel supply pump activation (or similar) is grayed out and only shows "No documentation available". I've not seen that before. Any advice?

It does not seem to easy to prime the fuel filter manually like it was on the '96 Passat TDI, and I'm hesitant to start the engine without first filling the fuel filter.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
It is basic setting 35 you want, try putting 35 into the first box and go. You should see an on/off button appear.
Have you had the "fix" done? It is possible things changed with the new ECU software. If so, Ross-Tech may not have yet caught up with the changes.

Have Fun!

Don

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
Don, I'm pretty much a VAGCOM neophyte, what screen do I put the "basic setting 35" into, open engine controller then...

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, it did! Thanks to Jef and Don, for pointing me the way. I primed the filter using VAGCOM for 3 minutes, then started and let it idle for 5 minutes. Task done!--george