anyone tow yet with your sportwagen?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
With this being a newer (in my world) car, I haven't even looked at suspension yet - how difficult is it to remove the rear springs to install the bags? Looks like a worthwhile investment, given that if you don't need them, you just deflate and suspension is totally normal (do I have that right?).

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
With this being a newer (in my world) car, I haven't even looked at suspension yet - how difficult is it to remove the rear springs to install the bags? Looks like a worthwhile investment, given that if you don't need them, you just deflate and suspension is totally normal (do I have that right?).
Like I said, you don't need to remove them. Just lift the car, remove all air from the bag, lube them up and squeeze them thru the spring.

Electric conduit lubrifiant is inexpensive and harmless to your car. It's also water soluble.

Your right, you won't feel any difference when they are deflated, but don't go under 5psi to prevent bag from moving around.

They also serve me well outside of towing.
2 adults on the back seat with trunk full of luggage can sink the rear wheel pretty far.

20psi its all you need to regain full suspension travel for a sweet ride!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
For those looking for the correct part (or at least the one that Discovery used), this would appear to be it: Airlift 80753

(Re-edited back to original to get rid of the erroneous / misinterpreted link.)

Last edited:

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
For those looking for the correct part (or at least the one that Discovery used), this would appear to be it: Airlift 80753

(Edit: that looks like the ones for front springs; this one is rear springs.)
Kit you need is 80753 for your rear GSW suspension. It's also used for the front on a Dodge Ram.

The other one you mentioned (60818) is almost twice the size and its used on the rear of a the same truck.

You don't need anything for the front on your GSW.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

(Edit: that looks like the ones for front springs; this one is rear springs.)

while listed for the front, def not going to install those with the struts.