anyone in the pittsburgh area?

danrock

TDI
Jetta, 99.5, torando red
anyone from the club around pittsburgh? know of good garages for service? or people around that are into helping out?

dan

Metalnerd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 Passat TDI Storm Grey
Hi Danrock. Welcome to the club.
I am in holed up here in Greensburg. Drop me a line sometime.

Also, I finally joined the 3-rivers VW club too. www.3riversvwclub.com and they have a wide range of members from aircooled onward.

Hope to meet you sometime.

Chuck

danrock

TDI
Jetta, 99.5, torando red
hey chuck, how are you. im sorry you are stuck in greenburg, haha. just kidding, i am actually friends with some people from out there. so, would you happen to know where i could get my new TDI looked at to give it a once over?

dan

conrad1468

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDi 4 Door
hello neighbers,
i live in Jeannette, pa and love my 03 Silver Golf 4 dr TDi. I also have 2 air cooled VW's 64 light blue Panel Van and 68 Brown Beetle. i don't see to many VW tdi's on the road around me and definately don't see any VW enthuisants.
i know of a few places to take a quick 1,2 over your VW. there is Richlin Imports in Harrison City and Art Millers garage in harrison City. Art miller use to work for the VW plant and has a garage now. Richlin imports works on anything foriegn. there is a guy in MT. Pleasant his shop is called The Bug Shop or something like that...he's a lil crazy but he knows alot about VW's and diesel VW's.

hope to see ya all around and i would like to join or hang out with other TDi drivers or VW drivers period in the area. let me know if anyone is hanging out or needs help with there VWs.

peace out

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Wow...I used to live about 5 mintues from Jeannette when I was a kid...over in Penn (actually right across the stream from Penn) Hempfield School Dist. We used to be in Jeannette all the time though.

astonishedboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Golf, Black Mariah
Dan,
Did you mention that you come through the north hills regularly. You could try import motor cars, right on 19N. There are always audi's or ather euro cars on the lot. I've never been there, but my friend takes his MGB GT to no one else.

conrad1468

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDi 4 Door
i grew up in Penn on the other side of the tracks..right behind the firehall...i always hung out all around the penn area....

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
How old are you Conrad? I used to know a bunch of kids on the creek side of the tracks...not the hill side. We used to play a lot of street hockey down by the Newer Post office...not the old one down by the tracks. I actually lived up on Gratz Street on the Hempfield School Dist side of the creek. We ended up moving away when I was about 12 or 13. That was in the late 80's. I used to alway walk up to the little store up on the hill in Penn for the penny candy...and the 10 cent boxed candy...that place was the best when I was a kid...used to show up with like 50 cents and buy enough candy to bounce off the walls all night haha.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
Close and with some air cooled. I'm outside of Apollo. I have several air cooled's. 71 sunroof bus, 79 convertible, 62 single cab, dune bugy, and 62,63,68,73 sedans.
My daily driver is a 2001 TDI Golf.
I haven't done anything with 3rivers VW club lately but have in the past.
I have a local older fellow who can be a bit slow and is slowing down. He did my last TB change with some Metalnerd tools.

Dave

Metalnerd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 Passat TDI Storm Grey
There is a little country VW garage in New Stanton/Youngwood called F & P.
There is also another in Youngwood who does a variety of VW/Audi called McCune Automotive. 724-925-3170

conrad1468

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDi 4 Door
ofhs93, i graduated from PTHS in 93. i remember some cute girls that lived over there on the hill that went to hempfield. we use to skateboard all around penn and cruize over to jeannette. we use to hang out at the firehall all the time. that corner store is now a garage.. i haven't been to penn for a few years.. but i grew up there is the late 80's. what year did you graduate?

davebugs
nice collection of cars

metalnerd
i think you gave me a wrench key chain at the sunoco in jeannette on RT 30. i was getting gas for the lawn mower. NO diesel at that station.

i know i haven't posted on here for a long.. i'm not retarded..just slow..
actually i finally had a problem with my TDI so i'm checking out the TDI site again...

pghvdubguy95

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat se 6m,
There is also Bob's Service in Dravosburg. He does all my work and also drive a diesel VW.

here's his info.

Bob's service
518 river rd
dravosburg, pa 15034
412-469-9733