Feeling the Regen while driving

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
That is the idea. Late injection events cause excess fuel to be burned in the dpf, turning the soot into ash at high temps. The water temp raises a few degrees IIRC but not any appreciable amount. I don't think my oil temp goes up any to be concerned over either.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I know my car is in regen mode when the Exhaust temperatures shown on my ScanGauge are about 1,300 degF.

If its cool enough I'll idle until the temps are down to 300 deg.

If its hot outside I may drive around the block to let the temps go down before I shut the engine down.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
But I think they were asking about engine temperatures (water/oil) not the already known exhaust temps. Those were already stated in their post.

vwexpress

TDI
2015 Golf Sport Wagon
Regen 101 for me please.
New to me 2015 golf Sportwagen, good shape, 25,000 miles. have only run 2 tanks of fuel, so I'm unsure if, or when it goes into regen. Still getting used to the regular driving motions and sounds of the car, but sometimes I notice something, is just a little different.
I drive a lot, like 600 miles or more a week, with a heavy load, like 600 lbs of tools. I'm assuming that it has plenty of time to do the regen when I'm on the hy-way, or either of the 55 mile one way trips....

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
They will happen every 200 to 300 miles. Without gauges pretty much impossible to tell while driving highway. At idle it will idle slightly faster at about 1k rpms instead of around 800rpms. Fans will stay running on high when parked and shut off. With gauges from an OBDII dongle and an app you can see the exhaust temps and know when one is happening. VagDpf works for me and is designed just for this. I can see the soot level and know when one is about to trigger and when it is nearing completion, and then drive accordingly.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
i only notice the mpg go down and the egt go up to 1500f and the dpf rise to 1200f. yea it gets hot. i can feel the heat on my foot through the firewall. also the coolant temp rises.

vwexpress

TDI
2015 Golf Sport Wagon
They will happen every 200 to 300 miles. Without gauges pretty much impossible to tell while driving highway. At idle it will idle slightly faster at about 1k rpms instead of around 800rpms. Fans will stay running on high when parked and shut off. With gauges from an OBDII dongle and an app you can see the exhaust temps and know when one is happening. VagDpf works for me and is designed just for this. I can see the soot level and know when one is about to trigger and when it is nearing completion, and then drive accordingly.

Thanks for the info, I'm fairly certain that I'm just going to pound the miles on this thing, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.....
I also clicked in the how to upload pictures in you sig.... looks like I won't be posting pictures. :confused: