Thinking about installing 26mm Front Sway Bar...Good Idea or Bad Idea?

UberVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf Variant TDI
Need some Suspension Advice:

Whats your thoughts on installing a larger front sway bar (26mm H&R) on an already modified suspension?

Here is the set up I'm thinking about:

1. H&R Premium coilovers
2. H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar (set to firm)

3. ***Would a 26mm Front Sway Bar (set to soft setting) help or hurt handling of the above set up? I'm hoping to improve laterial stiffness, and turn in response with a front sway bar. But I don't want to cause the car to understeer excessively as a front sway bar will sometimes cause on a FWD car.

I'm thinking with the firm coilovers, and stiff rear sway bar, a firmer front sway bar will match well to this set up?

I've read H&R's MKV GTI raceteam swaybar set up is 26mm front sway set to soft and a 24mm rear sway bar set to hard.

So, what are your thoughts?

PaulGiz

Veteran Member
TDI
None any more. My heart couldn't take it.
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you've upped the rear bar as well. Just doing a front often leads to more understeer. What you're proposing should keep the things more balanced.

P.

invader

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Dude,

There is no need for anything other than the stock front sway bar.

I have Koni coilovers and a BSH sway bar in the rear and I could not imagine the car handling any better with an aftermarket front sway bar. My car handles like a sled on rails. I drive over a windy mountain highway for about 15 mile each way to and from work every day and am continually amazed at how fast I can take the curves with my car.

IMHO, there is no need for aftermarket front sway bars on these car.

Hope this helps,

Invader

Last edited: