2000 Jetta TDI comfort control module problem plz help

youcantmattycme

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
Hey i have a 2000 tdi jetta. the drivers side controls for the windows wont work neither will the power mirrors or power locks
checked all fuses nothing
switched comfort control module for the one in my 2002 jetta that works, that made my drivers window work but not my other windows..
i put the 2000 jetta module back in now the alarm sounds everytime i start the car... :(
im just confused what to do from here if anyone has any helpful information that could point me in the right direction that would be great! thanks!

oh and i think the alarm is sounding because there was a new key made and the door lock can literally just be taken out by hand so that might have something to do with it im not sure

Last edited:

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
switched comfort control module...
I had similar issues with my 2003 Jetta Wagon, and I too bought and replaced the CCM and it was no help. My issue was the drivers door lock module and corroded wires down behind the kick panel where the hood release handle is.

I guess my point is...if you do some reading on here, you'll find that the CCM is often suspected as being faulty but rarely ever is in the end.

youcantmattycme

TDI
2000 jetta tdi
I checked the wires under the hood release and they are all mint.. looks like the faulty faulty door lock is the issue bbut I read that can only be fixed at a vw dealer ship for around 400 dollars unless there's a way to fix it yourself? ?... but thanks for pointing me in the right direction anyways

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
You may have to check the wires under the corrugated boot that is above the driver's side door hinge. The window and lock problem could be the switch. A good cleaning with some DeOxit might help. You would have to pull the switch and dismantle it which is not all that difficult. I know mine is due for a cleaning because the windows have been acting up again lately. Seems this is an annual event which I have been putting off. Push off the dimpled handle and the switch assembly should pull right out.