Looking for help installing fog lights/Xenons/Euro tail lights in SF Bay Area

natrab

TDI
formerly 2009 VW Jetta TDI
I really want to install Fog lights, Euro Tail Lights, and Xenons in my 09 Jetta, but it's something I've never done before so I'm looking for help. I'm happy to pay the money, and would be willing to have a shop do it if there are any that are trusted in my area. I live in San Mateo and can drive anywhere in the Bay Area.

Also, if someone has a Vag-Com I'd love to make a few changes to my settings (get rid of the honk and add the window close on holding lock button mods) as well as try a rolling dyno with my DieselPower tuning box.

If anyone's interested let me know. Beer/Cash/Friendship is offered in exchange...

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I have a vagcom and some HID's

I can tell you how mine were build and help you put them on if you need. Not very difficult or costly .. less than $500

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=230330

natrab said:
I really want to install Fog lights, Euro Tail Lights, and Xenons in my 09 Jetta, but it's something I've never done before so I'm looking for help. I'm happy to pay the money, and would be willing to have a shop do it if there are any that are trusted in my area. I live in San Mateo and can drive anywhere in the Bay Area.

Also, if someone has a Vag-Com I'd love to make a few changes to my settings (get rid of the honk and add the window close on holding lock button mods) as well as try a rolling dyno with my DieselPower tuning box.

If anyone's interested let me know. Beer/Cash/Friendship is offered in exchange...

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Looks like you can buy these w/ the HID Kit already installed for an added $100. Call them to find out what this includes. I am thinking this price most likely would not include the ballasts and the bulbs which could be another $200.

But sounds like maybe you can buy the whole kit for $500 to $600. The actual physical install in the car and the relay harness are pretty simple.

As far as " may not install correctly because of the midline CECM included in the 09 Jetta" you would need to check w/ parts4euro.com If they claim it fits in a MK5 then it should work in your car. if it does not, then you should be able to return them.

Good luck to you and let me know if I can help.

P

natrab said:
I've been looking at the Angel Eyes kit from parts4euro ( http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?cPath=1_37_104&products_id=132 ) with the HID kit, but I'm nervous that it may not install correctly because of the midline CECM included in the 09 Jetta. Maybe I will have to upgrade that as well.