Car wouldn't start, then did but has low power, no it wont start again

bigelzworth

TDI
2000 Jetta
Car wouldn't start, then did but has low power, now it wont start again

I tried to start my car yesterday, but it failed. It turned over and sounded fine but never fired. After a few tries it started up right away, randomly. It then ran and started again for the rest of the day, but seemed to lack power. It was exactly as if I had just started my Jetta on a cold day before it got a chance to heat up... a bit sluggish on the low end. Also, the check engine light came on when it finally started.

Anyways, today I started it and it ran fine (but sluggish). I tried starting it a second time and it wouldn't. It is now stuck at Quizno's; I could not get it to start again.

Im broke as a joke and cant really afford to get it towed or get much work done for that matter. Any ideas???

Thanks in advance I really need some advice

email: bigelzworth@yahoo.com

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I was able to get ahold of the OP,

He's in College Station near Houston. He's getting fuel, and antishutter valve is working. His TB is unknown age, rubber belt, and an automatic. My guess is it skipped time. hopefully it just skipped on the injection pump.

I reffered him to BARTuning (Mike), I've seen his work, he's a bit of a perfectionist (good thing), hopefully he'll give him a break.