GTG and Grand Opening of Canadian Green Fuels in Regina on June 23rd

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
We have been invited to the Grand Opening of the Canadian Green Fuels BioDiesel Plant in Regina on June 23rd.

They are asking if we want to do a show and shine and probably test some of the new product line. ;)

The plant is located at 1620 McAra Street, Regina, SK.

I will be talking more with Mike when I get off the road for the weekend.

I will keep you informed!

PS It wouldn't hurt to send Mike an Email requesting more info.

casta_baga

TDI
golf 2001 - golf wagon 2010
I would be interested for sure but only if a plant tour is on the GTG program...

I've been producing BD for little while and soon I´ll be testing a new reactor....

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
I would think that plant tours will be going on through out the day.

They crush their own canola and produce their own electricity in this process.

So come on down for a visit.

casta_baga

TDI
I´m very interested indeed.
my TDI is running perfectly on BD ¨ product of myself ¨
can you post the lay-out schedule?
PS. I Get My Natural Looking Tan Naturally and Safely!
:cool:

bugablue

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle
Hey PapaBare, its been a long time since that dyno day, good thing sombody has an ear out for events pertaining to us! And I see you changed your signature, I would like to go for a ride in your car now!
I have got a bit of work to the beetle before it will be ready for a show and shine, I hit a rabbit. kinda ironic, I used to own one.
But, I will see if I can make it, sounds like a great tour and I look forward to seeing you and your wife again.

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
A separate Show & Shine will be held on Saturday June 23rd for VW TDI's. from 11:00 AM to 2 PM.

Mike has asked what size of containers he should have on hand and I indicated that 3L per tank brings us up to the B5 that VW covers on warranty but I know that I am taking my 135L in to be filled before then. ;)

Last edited:

casta_baga

TDI
perfect,
but 3 Lt. for me is nothing, I've been running B70
ahhahaha

I think I´ll take a couple of containers ...

intertan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta 5 speed
so with this plan now openning soon I would like to run bio year round but with our winters any idea what blend to use?

I have herd that they would like to open one up in Saskatoon but not sure when.

casta_baga

TDI
intertan said:
so with this plan now openning soon I would like to run bio year round but with our winters any idea what blend to use?

I have herd that they would like to open one up in Saskatoon but not sure when.
just my personal opinion, I think they are not going to be selling as B100%, but I could be wrong,
about the winter blend, theres all kind of additives, on the safety side you would be able to run B20% on the very cold days...

theres lots of web-site about biodiesel and renewable energy..

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

or
biodieselnow.com
novaenergia.net
journeytoforever.org

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
I stopped in at CanGreenFuels on Friday night after work. The B100 is selling at the pump for 99.9/L.

The show & shine is set to start at 11:00AM and will end at 2:00PM on Saturday June 23rd.

I plan to be there.

cheeba

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Audi TT 225
At least we can both be comforted by the fact that neither of us were the only one that showed up! So, thanks for not making me be the only one there ;)

It was somewhat disheartening; although, it's probably representative of how many Regina TDi'ers there are on this forum.

intertan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta 5 speed
I grabed a couple pamphlets and will give then to some tdi's on my street, hopefully they can find a way to sell this stuff in Saskatoon soon.

running b20-b30 I didn't really notice any diffrence on the way home, except a diffrent smell when I was outside the vehicle.

casta_baga

TDI
I didn't go...
I want to go in fact... I had put together a test kit to see the quality of the biodiesel...
and I had in my mind other output knowledge...
right now I~m going thought lots of project at the same time and, it could not happen for some reasons, I had all planned to meet Regina and learned the plant procedures...
maybe next one... looking ..

intertan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta 5 speed
so I emptied the container of fuel I purchased into the car and I think I can now tell a diffrence. could be my imagination but doesn't seem to have the power it use to. It runs fine and all that just diffrent.

casta_baga

TDI
intertan said:
so I emptied the container of fuel I purchased into the car and I think I can now tell a diffrence. could be my imagination but doesn't seem to have the power it use to. It runs fine and all that just diffrent.
yes, less power and not so loud, but don´t worry, thats normal...

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
So it may not be as good a deal as origionally thought with the price point at $99.9/L. :(
I have been purchaseing my fuel at $.863/L here in regina and would have tried more of the Bio-Diesel if it had been closer to that price.

Taylor VW still can not fix the "MAF" CEL problems and I need to keep within warranty specs until that happens!

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
PapaBare said:
Taylor VW still can not fix the "MAF" CEL problems and I need to keep within warranty specs until that happens!
They won't fix a MAF because of Bio?