Columbus/Central Ohio Third Friday GTG Thread

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Alright, so let's talk about the schedule - I've just been copying events from last year, so far.

Right now, if we make no changes to the schedule, here's what it'll look like for the rest of the year:

March: Max and Erma's, Gahanna
April: Cucinova, Westerville
May: Cafe Istanbul, Dublin
June: Nutcracker, Pataskala
July: Jason's Deli, Polaris
August: Wingstop, Broad and 270
September: Bangkok Restaurant, Refugee and 33
October: Pins Mechanical, 4th and Long
November: Mr. Sushi, Gahanna
December: O'Charley's, Reynoldsburg

And, for completeness, here's the January and February locations, for next year:

January: El Vaquero, Gahanna
February: Piada, Gahanna

I'm personally a fan of doing local places rather than chains, and think we should shake things up a bit for the formula.

Any places that are amazing and we should go to? Any places that are meh and we should skip?

Some notes I'll make:

• Nobody went to Cafe Istanbul, although weather and traffic were considerations.
  • I was the only one that went to Bangkok Restaurant, although it's legitimately a great restaurant.
  • Pins now has a Dublin location, with a parking garage nearby. For parking reasons, it may be a better option.
  • I won't be attending the July get together, and likely won't be attending the May get together.

Last edited:

bhtooefr

TDI
None
March 2018's GTG will be at:

Max & Erma's
1317 N Hamilton Rd, Gahanna, OH 43230 (Google Map)
http://maxandermas.com

March 16, 2017 at 6:00 PM Eastern.

Please post in this thread if you're planning on coming to the get together this month, so we know how many people to expect.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE

bhtooefr

TDI
None
April 2018's GTG will be at:

Cucinova
833 Polaris Parkway, Westerville, OH 43082 (Google Map)
https://cucinova.com/

April 20, 2018 at 6:00 PM Eastern.

Please post in this thread if you're planning on coming to the get together this month, so we know how many people to expect.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE