Omaha, NE chat thread

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Keep in mind that the Jetta and the Golf are virtually identical cars (or at least the MkIV ones are). One has a trunk, the other a hatch. The Beetles are basically the same cars also, but with some changes. The Passat is another animal, but very nice. If you're looking at Jettas, don't leave the Golfs out of the search.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
One more week to drop my car at the body shop, its very hard to see it every day all beat up.

I may put my HID's first before taking it to the body shop.

One of the sale guys at Performance called me to let me know the new Beetle is coming in two weeks for test drive.

We are thinking to wait and test the TDI BEETLE 2012.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Well guys a long awaited time has come. Im a official Malone Tuning dealer in our 5 state area. This week I recieved my long awaited flashzilla, so any of you want to get their TDI or gasser VW/Audi tuned let me know via email, pm or call.

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW New Beetle 2006.5 Jetta Edition
Just checking out the forum and notice this Omaha, NE chat section. I'm from Omaha and wonder if if the Omaha members had any get together's to show off their TDI's?

Last edited:

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome to the Omaha Chat, well not a lot very few times but I hope we get together soon.

Once I get my car back, I will post an invitation to have a GTG.

I have a VAG-COM if you need it.

I'm not sure who else have one.

I spoke with 2 TDI MKV owners on different venues but sadly they are not interested to join the Club or they just consider the car like that just a car.

Just checking out the forum and notice this Omaha, NE chat section. I'm from Omaha and wonder if if the Omaha members had any together's to show off their TDI's?

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Julio, let me know when you set a date for GTG, I would interested in coming over.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I will send an invite once I get my car back and You will see it.

Losha What exactly the Malone tune have for the CR engines?

Julio, let me know when you set a date for GTG, I would interested in coming over.

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome to the Omaha Chat, well not a lot very few times but I hope we get together soon.

Once I get my car back, I will post an invitation to have a GTG.

I have a VAG-COM if you need it.

I'm not sure who else have one.

I spoke with 2 TDI MKV owners on different venues but sadly they are not interested to join the Club or they just consider the car like that just a car.
Thanks Julio, got an A4 too..........cars tend to be a hobby for me.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I will send an invite once I get my car back and You will see it.

Losha What exactly the Malone tune have for the CR engines?
Here is link to how much hp gains with stage 1 & 2 http://malonetuning.com/?page_id=564

I would suggest go with stage 1 for now then once you are out of warranty then can remove DPF system. But again its up to you wich route you want to go, I think Stage 2 would be fine with DPF as long as you watch your EGT's.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Car is getting a new roof:

Isn't that crazy LOL. Sorry for the VERY VERY SMALL pics.

Last edited:

BrianGuy1979

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 5spd
Well guys a long awaited time has come. Im a official Malone Tuning dealer in our 5 state area. This week I recieved my long awaited flashzilla, so any of you want to get their TDI or gasser VW/Audi tuned let me know via email, pm or call.
That's awesome Alex!! Now we can make my car much quicker again huh??!?!?!

Car is getting a new roof:

Isn't that crazy LOL. Sorry for the VERY VERY SMALL pics.
Wow, that's crazy what they can do to make your car all better. Did it break the sunroof too? She will be like new when you get it back!! Amazingly (knock on wood) my Jetta hasn't had to hit the body shop once since she was born!! :D

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
I know, Im looking forward to get it back on the 18th.
Plus I'm adding HID's and fog lights.
Oh its the third time in the shop but not much you can do.

I will post pics or even better we need to have a GTG soon.

Wow, that's crazy what they can do to make your car all better. Did it break the sunroof too? She will be like new when you get it back!! Amazingly (knock on wood) my Jetta hasn't had to hit the body shop once since she was born!! :D

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
The Omaha vw club is having a gtg at Mahoney state park on October 30th. I think it's like 11am with eating at the lodge, they have a buffet...

If interested in more info I can dig up the invite and post it in here.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
the omaha vw club is having a gtg at mahoney state park on october 30th. I think it's like 11am with eating at the lodge, they have a buffet...
If interested in more info i can dig up the invite and post it in here.
please do! :d

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
The Omaha vw club is having a gtg at Mahoney state park on October 30th. I think it's like 11am with eating at the lodge, they have a buffet...

I'll be able to make it.

justin1234

TDI
2002 Jetta
Hello from SD. Anybody know of a 01M "FDB" coded auto tranny for sale for a 2002 Jetta TDI? Ended up with a good deal on this 02, but it has a 2.0 gasser tranny in it. Thanks!

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Justin, welcome !!!

I dont know about a tranny for sale, but maybe Losha can help you.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Still some time but if you can post the invite would be great !!!

Getting my car until today :(

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like a good idea, we can meet there and show our TDI's.
I was looking at the Omaha VW Club form and saw that they were going to meet at Performance then drive out to Mahoney. Just curious is the clubs main interest in vintage vw's?

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Maybe we can meet somewhere else close to Performance if we dont want to mix it.

So Saturday I was trying to install my fog lights and oh to my surprise the wiring was not the right one, I was missing some plastic nuts but I took my bumper off and I went to performance to buy the plastic secure nuts.

I couldnt install the fog lights because of the wiring thing, I had my front bumper inside the car and I went to the service dept asking for help to install my front bumper.

Guess what !!!! They told me NO, WE CANT HELP YOU to HOLD your bumper so "I" can put the screws on.

The little service guy told me We are not a BODY SHOP, take it to a BODY SHOP.

Man I was pissed, the only thing I needed was someone holding the bumper on one side plug the light and push it into the rails and that's it.

Oh man I'm going to write a complain email later today.

Anyway I got my car back last friday and everything looks fine so far.

HuskerTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Hello Omahan's. I'd like to meet sometime but it looks like I'm unable to make the OCT 30 GTG. I live out in West O (near Gretna) and would enjoy to swap info. maybe run across a VAG-COM user that could connect to my car and show me the world of VAG-COM. (I'm interested in purchasing my own since I run an '02 JettaTDI and am looking at another TDI).

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome to the club.

I can scan your car during the weekend, let me check if I can do it on Saturday Morning, since you cant make it to the GTG.

I live in West O, close to Elkhorn too.

Let me check if I can do it this Saturday and I will get back to you.

How's that?

Hey guys are we going to the GTG ? are we meeting somewhere b4 ?

Hello Omahan's. I'd like to meet sometime but it looks like I'm unable to make the OCT 30 GTG. I live out in West O (near Gretna) and would enjoy to swap info. maybe run across a VAG-COM user that could connect to my car and show me the world of VAG-COM. (I'm interested in purchasing my own since I run an '02 JettaTDI and am looking at another TDI).

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
Boy and the smart reply "were not a body shop" that would get me too.

I like the idea not to mix with the others at Performance.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Are we going the GTG ? any opnions of where and time ?
weather looks crappy for Sunday but I hope would change.

I cant go the whole day but a pair of hours for sure.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
So whats with GTG, are its still up for tomorrow, where when? I'm thinking about possibly coming over.