Gearbox Vibration after VR6/G60 Change

jeromec

TDI
81 Kw,2002, Silver
Good Day

I have a A4 TDI, now fitted with RC3 & PP520's.I needed to upgrade my clutch due to silppage. I have gone with the VR6/G60 mod.

Now there is a rumbling noise from the gearbox in idle with the clutch released. I assume since the G60 is not ment for a diesel application (Low Inertia) it deas not absorbe the pulses from the engine completely.

The question that I have is that
- Will this damage the Box, gears ect.
- What can be done to prevent damage if the any.
- The is a slight vib in the drivetrain as I rev up to 1500 rpm.. Is this normal.

cage

Top Post Dawg
I've been trying to say this to people from day one that VW wouldn't waste the $ on the dual mass flywheel if it didn't serve a purpose. They aren't cheap!
My guess is that yes over time the gears chattering together will wear faster. How much faster ?????? but it can't be great for the transmission. These engines really produce strong pulsations when running. I mean even look at the serpentine tensioner. It needs a hydraulic damper to control things.

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
Did own... None right now!
cage said:
I've been trying to say this to people from day one that VW wouldn't waste the $ on the dual mass flywheel if it didn't serve a purpose.
Yes, and what if it were a different purpose? What don't folks want in an automobile? Noisy diesel clatter? Hmmmmm... Maybe, just maybe, VW used a vibration damping flywheel to make the motor quiet so people would buy it...

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Some cars are louder than others. I have about 150k mi on my VR6/G60 and I have zero noise. hamsterdiesels new VR6/G60 has a bit of clatter. EACH car is different but only slightly. The DMF as it is in the TDi needs to be a lot stronger. It appears that the A5's are having clutch problems

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
PeterV said:
Some cars are louder than others. I have about 150k mi on my VR6/G60 and I have zero noise. hamsterdiesels new VR6/G60 has a bit of clatter. EACH car is different but only slightly...
I did this up-grade this past weekend and zero noise. On a prior clutch/fly-wheel up-grade there was some "chatter/clatter" noises at idle speed. Both clutch packages were identical. I agree with Peter that there are slight differances in these cars.

LouisianaTDI

TDI
2003 Red Jetta TDI
Clutch chatter

I just had my dieselgeek clutch kit installed a week and a half ago and noticed today that mine has a slight chatter in neutral with the clutch disgengaged.

Should I worry about it?