www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old May 16th, 2019, 12:05   #1
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Default Car/Baby Seat Recommendations

Well the board has been a little slow lately. I'm tackling a new dilemma. Finding a car seat for the upcoming addition.

Honestly there are so many options out there its overwhelming. For the Audi A6/A7/A8 owners I'd really enjoy your input. Really anyone with some words of wisdom are appreciated.

The one we have in mind is the Maxi Cosi Mico 30 but I'm not sure its the easiest to handle nor lightweight. Reason we like this one is the stroller uses the car seats and when a second kid comes along, you can pop on an addition to the single stroller to have two kids on one and only need to add a second car seat to the whole setup. Kinda interesting.

Let's hear it....
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 22:48   #2
DieselDeeds

My wife and I got our Q5 because of our new addition. We have the Uppababy car seat, stroller, bassinet, and other uppababy proprietary stuff. It all works together and compacts easily. Check their stuff out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DieselDeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 23:13   #3
bizzle
Veteran Member

We have two Graco 4ever all-in-one convertible car seats that we swap between the wagon and the Touareg. They only take a minute or two with the LATCH system. My wife and I each wore the children in baby carriers/slings and keep an umbrella stroller in the back.
bizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:46   #4
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDeeds View Post
My wife and I got our Q5 because of our new addition. We have the Uppababy car seat, stroller, bassinet, and other uppababy proprietary stuff. It all works together and compacts easily. Check their stuff out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you both for input.

The Uppababy is almost identical to the Maxi Cosi. I'm hoping this one will work and we can be done searching. We tried the system out and it was easy plus lightweight. Just have to test it in the car but need it to stop raining for a day.
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:40   #5
BobbyWires
Veteran Member

Been using the Diono Radian 3RXT which we all like, nice a thin so can put in the middle and not block seat belts.
BobbyWires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 13:01   #6
3NEC CZ

TDI(s): 2015 Q7 PP

Check it out Nuna, got Nuna Mixx stroller with Nuna Pipa lite car seat. Great 3 in 1 combo. Car seat is very light. We love it.
3NEC CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 13:57   #7
bahiaeternal
Veteran Member

Recaro all the way friend. Its been in my 16 A7 and my wife's 17 CRV since day 1 of our little guy. They look the part and have been flawless.
bahiaeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 16:35   #8
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiaeternal View Post
Recaro all the way friend. Its been in my 16 A7 and my wife's 17 CRV since day 1 of our little guy. They look the part and have been flawless.
Believe me I looked at them. Seems they even stopped making products for the USA. Have to get them through ebay/amazon now.

If its not at Buy Buy Baby where we can try it out the other half isn't looking at it.

She's got it in her mind she wants something that can be a dual system for the hopeful second one.

If it would ever stop raining in Chicago we try it out to see if this product fits my car. Basically a replica to the Uppababy.