www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old December 24th, 2018, 12:48   #331
GD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberhare View Post
Total fail! I finally lifted the hood today to see the stickers they add after the recall to find they didn't even put my airbox back together. The warm air valve had been replaced but they just left the top of the box flopping around. Not very impressed, we drove it for 4 days like that.
Checked under my hood stickers affixed to the hood, airbox looks intact. Rear muffler looks lower from the side though.

Which dealership did your fix. I took mine to midtown Toronto VW.
2004 Jetta TDI PD (BEW) Platinum Metallic Grey 340,000 kms SOLD
2000 Jetta TDI ALH Black 398,000 kms, TT LCA Bushings, TB changed at Windex GTG SOLD
GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 20:38   #332
Uberhare
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Too many.
Fuel Economy: Depends on what I'm towing!

Waiting to hear from the service manager before I name them. Was promised a call back today that didn't happen...
Old December 30th, 2018, 19:53   #333
nucklehead
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38

After selling my 2013 Jetta TDI Premium with DSG I didn't think I'd be back on this forum any time soon, WRONG!

I picked up a low miles (25K) CPO 2013 Golf TDI S 4 door with DSG. The car I really wanted when I bought the Jetta, got it new. VW offered $900 more than what I paid for it after driving it 3.5 years. It had 22k miles when I turned it in.

There are differences between the two cars, It seems like the trans wants to shift a bit higher in the rpm range, its almost like being in S mode. The difference between D and S shifting modes is less pronounced from what I can tell. Power is about the same. The Golf seems to be a tad more noisy on rough roads than the Jetta was. Or maybe the stock tires are a bit noisy?

The car is a medium gray and looks great. I'm so happy to be back in a diesel powered car! I wonder how much use the Miata is going to get.

Anyway, glad to be back. I've seen some familiar names already. Any way to know how many (%) turned in their car vs waiting for the fix?

Current Daily - 2013 Golf TDI/DSG
nucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 05:50   #334
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

My wife called me as she left her school last night. The glow plug light was flashing. It's now sitting at the dealer waiting on diagnosis. They speculated that it was probably bad glow plugs but am waiting on a more complete determination.

Update: Here's a copy of my paperwork. MIL codes P2015 (Replaced intake manifold) and P0638 (replaced throttle valve). Best part? All covered under the fix warranty. I've seen an estimate (2017) for P2015 on here for about $850. Anyone have any idea what these two repairs would have cost me out of pocket? SA didn't have that piece of paper in front of him.
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/uploads...019_repair.pdf

I asked if the intake manifold repair could be related to IC icing and you thought I hit the SA with the idiot stick.

Last edited by kjclow; January 10th, 2019 at 05:26.
kjclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 21:08   #335
Diesl
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCAutoparts View Post
Driving pattern primarily consists of Highway driving 80 miles a day Mon-Friday. I have a little bit of a lead foot and mainly drive 80MPH or faster on the Highway. At this point, I'm just baffled as to what could have caused the failure
Side note: The Jetta was dropped off at Volkswagen this morning and I believe I should get it back sometime tomorrow.
Just curious how many miles others have on their rides since having the Emissions Fix?
I think my DPF is cracked again, 13,000 miles after the first replacement, which was shortly after the fix! No codes yet, but the tailpipe is sooty, and I can smell the exhaust when starting the car and when backing up. Not good.
By the way (and that's why I am replying to this particular post), my driving pattern is pretty similar to GC's: 60 highway miles (+30 city/suburb miles) a day, at up to 80 mph (free flowing standard highway speed now near Chicago, apparently). Maybe the fix cannot handle extended driving above 60 mph, and that's why VW is refusing to apply it in Germany? Speculation, speculation...
At my dealer they have heard nothing about repeated DPF cracking.
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:50   #336
jcruse64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
My wife called me as she left her school last night. The glow plug light was flashing. It's now sitting at the dealer waiting on diagnosis. They speculated that it was probably bad glow plugs but am waiting on a more complete determination.

Update: Here's a copy of my paperwork. MIL codes P2015 (Replaced intake manifold) and P0638 (replaced throttle valve). Best part? All covered under the fix warranty. I've seen an estimate (2017) for P2015 on here for about $850. Anyone have any idea what these two repairs would have cost me out of pocket? SA didn't have that piece of paper in front of him.
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/uploads...019_repair.pdf

I asked if the intake manifold repair could be related to IC icing and you thought I hit the SA with the idiot stick.

On the P0638 code, it cost me a little over $400 for my local mechanic (not dealership) to fix. Did not realize this would have been included in the emissions fix warranty, or I would have gone to the dealer though...
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:53   #337
kjclow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
On the P0638 code, it cost me a little over $400 for my local mechanic (not dealership) to fix. Did not realize this would have been included in the emissions fix warranty, or I would have gone to the dealer though...
Might see if you can get reimbursed from VW
Old May 24th, 2019, 16:34   #338
Nawkanie

TDI(s): Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
I too have a P0638 code popping up. This seems like a recurring trend.
Nawkanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:56   #339
kjclow
Veteran Member

When VW fixed mine, my keys stopped working. Last oil change, I had to get them reprogrammed. None of the quick fixes worked and I don't have a functioning windows laptop to go with my Vag-Com anymore.
Old June 3rd, 2019, 16:22   #340
toneman
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberhare View Post
Total fail! I finally lifted the hood today to see the stickers they add after the recall to find they didn't even put my airbox back together. The warm air valve had been replaced but they just left the top of the box flopping around. Not very impressed, we drove it for 4 days like that.

Just saw this, but that was exact same condition post-fix for me. Does the fix instructions exclude the step for putting the airbox back together so the tech just doesn't do it? Geez.

Anyways, 6 months later with 57k miles I'm getting a P2015. First time ever. Debating on getting the dealer to fix it (new manifold) or to dieselgeek it.
toneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 18:20   #341
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Evidently you guys don't even look at your cars when you get them back. The time to find and report this is when they turn it over to you at the dealer. If you leave the lot with obvious issues present, count yourself as part of the problem. At the very least pop the hood and have them explain what they did and check things before leaving.