Anyones Documents confirmed or accepted yet?

Dan H.

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I uploaded mine about a week ago. I check every other day and so far nothing. Anyone move past this step yet?

Dan

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
^Yup. I doubt very much that they're actually reviewing documents at the moment. That's likely just the current default status screen for the system. If they were...some of the early birds would have chimed in with a screen capture by now.

I wouldn't expect anything until 10/18.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Bubba's right they are just in the gathering mode. If the 10/18 sign off happens, then we should probably start seeing the acknowledgements.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Uuuum....where do you upload them and which documents? Was this on the claims site?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Uuuum....where do you upload them and which documents? Was this on the claims site?
In addition to taking a look at the sticky, link above, just go back to your online claim on the portal and open it. But don't expect it to work smoothly.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I'm less certain than many of the commenters here that nothing will happen with the documents until after the 10/18 hearing. Certainly nobody's car is going to be bought back until then, and no claims will even be approved until then (heck, the claims won't even be considered filed until the settlement is approved), but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see documents approved before that date. They appear to be trying to get all the pieces moving to be able to start actually buying back cars ASAP, which means they're doing a lot before the settlement is approved. I'm not saying I'd bet much (if anything) on it, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Done. They sent me a reverify email link, which finally allowed me to upload docs....they asked for a lot of what I already put in when I first signed up.

I hope they like cell pics turned into pdfs!

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I'm less certain than many of the commenters here that nothing will happen with the documents until after the 10/18 hearing. Certainly nobody's car is going to be bought back until then, and no claims will even be approved until then (heck, the claims won't even be considered filed until the settlement is approved), but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see documents approved before that date. They appear to be trying to get all the pieces moving to be able to start actually buying back cars ASAP, which means they're doing a lot before the settlement is approved. I'm not saying I'd bet much (if anything) on it, but I wouldn't be surprised either.
I would be THRILLED if that ends up being the case and I get a phone call 10/19 telling me to bring my car in. For now...I'll just operate under the assumption that won't be the case and be pleasantly surprised if I'm proven wrong.;)

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Anybody have the # for faxing??
I neglected to write it down & the site will not let me bring it up again.
Personally I would much rather fax and have a confirmation.
At this point I don't trust them..

Instead of Dieselgate it should be called "Dieselcaust"

yadent

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE

The fax# I was given was: 1-248-754-6602. I faxed my docs 2 days ago and have not gotten any confirmation that they were received. My account still says 'waiting for fax documents'.......went ahead and mailed them.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway

The mailing address and the fax number are in the settlement documents. The mailing address matches the one on the portal. Can't vouch for the fax number but have to assume it would be right as well.

Try 1.248.754.6602.

I thought fax went out 20 years ago. Guess I was wrong.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
The mailing address and the fax number are in the settlement documents. The mailing address matches the one on the portal. Can't vouch for the fax number but have to assume it would be right as well.

Try 1.248.754.6602.

I thought fax went out 20 years ago. Guess I was wrong.
You're thinking of tape players! I get faxes all the time from my human resources department (that I wasn't aware I had) advertising vacation specials! :D

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
For all we know it could be some hacked Chinese linked site and we all just uploaded our DL's And registrations to it..

str1ck

TDI
2015 Sportwagen Golf TDI
For all we know it could be some hacked Chinese linked site and we all just uploaded our DL's And registrations to it..
Even if that were true it doesn't matter. OPM leaked anything the Chinese, Russians, North Koreans, and Iranians want to know. So what if they have my VA registration

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
I figure VW is recording the stats of how many want to sell versus fix to determine if it is worth their while to actually engineer and provide a fix. If 80% want to sell from a cost standpoint, a fix many not be cost effective.

jimi179

TDI
1978 rabbit diesel, 2012 tdi golf buyback 12/29 done
" yadent " look in your junk mail folder for your fax conformation,thats where mine was

srs5694

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, MT
I figure VW is recording the stats of how many want to sell versus fix to determine if it is worth their while to actually engineer and provide a fix. If 80% want to sell from a cost standpoint, a fix many not be cost effective.
Except that without a fix, that would then leave them with half a million cars that they'd have to crush (or at best, disable and sell to junk shops). With a fix, they'll have half a million cars they can fix and then sell. So long as the fix costs less than the sales price of the used-and-fixed car, it makes economic sense to fix the cars.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Yeah....we'll see what shakes loose on "12/15", the date given after uploading

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Except that without a fix, that would then leave them with half a million cars that they'd have to crush (or at best, disable and sell to junk shops). With a fix, they'll have half a million cars they can fix and then sell. So long as the fix costs less than the sales price of the used-and-fixed car, it makes economic sense to fix the cars.
Not if it cuts sales of new cars, a hard one to figure out in advance.

OLYSHED

TDI
JETTA TDI SPORTSWAGON
Sending documents

So I mailed my docs to a PO Box in Auburn Hills and they received it Nov 9th -all I get is "Awating mail". Sent all docs again regular mail 11/17, portal still says "Waiting for mail" Called and was told they received them-just to get me off phone; called again and was told a supervisor would call in 72 hrs- no call. Computer/printer does not scan; no Kinkos/Fed Ex services where I live. What email, etc would I send docs to the third time- can't access this on my portal-just goes to same darn page.:mad:

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan

Yes!!! And the fact that VW announced they will no longer sell diesel vehicles in US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro