good boost gauge documents?

pierre

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf gls
I am looking for a good document for a boost gauge to be installed for preventative maintenance. My lawyer wants it for VW incase they get slimy.
Thank you.

pierre

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf gls
no no sorry I already have one. I have been having too many problems with this car, so I called the lemon law lawyers. My lawyer said to get documentation for any mods I have done to the car, and their benifits. ie boost gauge and cat fuel filter...

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
1. Boost gauge: turbochargers are known to be subject to overshooting specified boost with rapid throttle position changes. With a boost gauge installed you can monitor this overshoot and control it by backing off the throttle. In addition a boost gage is one of if not the best engine performance monitor around.

2. CAT 2 Micron filter is as it states a 2 micron filter which means it filters out a high percentage of particulate down to 2 microns. The superior filtering, OEM 10 micron, will help lengthen the life of the injection pump as wear will be lower.

3. PP520's and RCII: ooh tough one as it makes the car very nice to drive but is problematic from a dealer perspective as it is not their ECU nor injectors.

What problems are you having with the car?

pierre

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf gls
My problems have been many. First. the alarm would go off in the middle of the night for no reason ant the check engine light would come on. There were only a few hundred miles on the odo.. After about six visits they fixed that.

Second. the head unit crapped out...

Third. passanger side window regulater broke.

Fourth. injector pump sounds waay to loud, and it is getting harder to start.

Fifth. passanger side mirror is loosing the reflective finish on the edges - looks very cheesy

Sixth suspension is shot..

Did I forget anything.. probably..
this car has a great engine when it works... everything else...not worth $19,400

pierre

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf gls
If the engine blew up I guess it could be my fault. I wouldn't ask for payment. I would have to bite the bullet there. I have taken very good care of this car since new.
I feel VW is responsible. My fiancee's hyundai accent has had a tenth of the problems my car has. She bought it used and it only has 10k less than my car.