www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old July 23rd, 2003, 21:07   #1
triggerman
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Golf
Default How do you make VAG-1552 do VAG-COM adaptation mod

Hi Folks,;
I have a local mechanic here that has a VAG-1552 and is not sure how to get the 1552 to get to the adaptation values nessesary to do the EGR detune and a slight timing advance for my 2K Golf. Aparently the VAG-COM procedures that I gave him is not at all what is needed to run the procedure through on the 1552. There is nothing on the search. So, I have my hat in my hand , hoping some one can help us out. Many Thanks in addvance.
triggerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 11:00   #2
TDi RAY
Veteran Member

You do the same exact thing with the 1552 as you do with vagcom you just don't have the titles to go along with it.

You go in to engine with is 01(I think) then you would do a login with the numbers 12233 then go back to adaptaion and you are there. the inmportant thing is you need to know the block title numbers since the 1552 don't say adaptaion block or login block they just have numbers designatied for them.
TDi RAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 11:30   #3
Birdman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 summer 50 winter

You almost need the readout from the Bentley CD which is written for the 1551 and has complete instructions with Pics on the read outs of the 1551
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2003, 11:52   #4
dieseldorf
top post dawg

trigger man, you could always hook up with someone in your local area and let them perform the adjustments...it takes all of 60 seconds.

As TDiRay says, the labels are missing from the VAG1551 tool. The Ross Tech VAGCOM is far more user-friendly and that's why it has become so popular worldwide.

TDi references from RossTech

The EGR mod is Channel 3 adaptation (engine) and the timing is Channel 4 adaptation (engine).
dieseldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 06:02   #5
WirelessMike

Fuel Economy: 47/40/38

Last post on this was a few months ago, wondering if there is any new info out there.

I too have located a mechanic who is more than willing to do the EGR modification, but the instructions on the FAQ page do not translate to the VAG 1552.

Can anyone provide VAG 1552 specific instructions for the EGR mod?
WirelessMike is offline   Reply With Quote