TDI Meet...

Bootre

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI, 2003, Indego Blue
Do any of you TDI owners ever meet locally?

A few VW owners meet at Arby's in Bedford on Wednesday's and a few more cars at the SuperStore on Sundays but I never see any other TDI's.

I need to learn more about the POWER MODS I need to install. Can't have these Civics beating me.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Yup... tomorrow nite, 7:45, McDonalds Tantallon for the parade to "House of Jeff". Train's pulling out at 8:00.

If you're late and the Parade Leader (herein known as Duane) has left, follow these directions: http://tinyurl.com/6vrwv or give me a call, 832-0880.

Don't be afraid to bring beer... there's room!

BTW, I don't answer to Fyrman on the phone... ask for Jeff!

tdipd100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI Reflex Silver
I'd like to try to catch up with you and meet everyone. Only problem is my car is in to get it's bumper painted again. I'd be way too embarrased to show up with my rental Echo. (It has all the options - 4 lockable doors, a speedometer and even a fuel guage)

Bootre - I saw you driving in Burnside the other day. I love the low-wide look!

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
I'd be way too embarrased to show up with my rental Echo.
Don't sweat it, you're around the corner. Actually... maybe that's where you should park the Toymotor and walk up!

JK.. You're more than welcome. Come on by for a cold one... or a coffee if you'd prefer.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
>>I'd be way too embarrased to show up with my rental Echo.<<

I bet the AM radio on the Echo is better than the stock one on most of the TDI's !!!! Go and show it off !!!

Seriously, these mini-GT's (as well as the full sized ones) are learning experiences, as well as a social gathering of people with a common interest. I've gone in borrowed Honda Civics and even a large Ford (that felt as if I was driving a boat...)

Enjoy yourself !!!

Yuri.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Oh come on - it'll be nice to meet a neighbor and chat about the explosion in the hood last night.

tdipd100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI Reflex Silver
Oh come on - it'll be nice to meet a neighbor and chat about the explosion in the hood last night.
I was gonna ask if you saw that! I went through just before the FD arrived. Couldn't get close enough to see what happened.

I speculated that your Golf - in a surge of .205 induced torque - plunged into the ditch and burst into flames. I may be incorrect.

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Actually, you were close.

You see, last wekeend, while bored, I put together a propane injection set-up. Got it all installed nicely and figured I'd test it last night.

Came around the turn, hogged on it and BLAM!

Can't understand why either. I mean, everything, every component I used, was CSA certified:

BBQ propane tank (20 lbs) - check
Garden hose - check
Shower nozzle (this I sweetly integrated into the intake tract, like a nitrous injector, if you will) - check

Used a combo of JB Weld, duct tape and electricians tape to seal everything up.

I'll have to sift through the wreckage and see if I can piece togehter what could have happened...I'm at a loss...

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Nah - I used one of the Shower Massage heads - set it to "Pulse". NASA type quality and gear here, bud...