Considering parting with my 2000 golf, 245k - NH

SevynDazeTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI
Hi all, sorry I’m advance if this is not ok or in the wrong forum, but I was curious as to what I could reasonably get for my car. It’s a 2000 2dr golf TDI with 5 speed manual. Bought it in CA in 2007 with 82k on it, now has 245k. Clutch/flywheel were replaced 3 years ago by qualified mechanic. Timing belt has 75k (100k kit w idlers, water pump, etc.) on it and was done (along with a bunch of other work) by Rich Tremblay in 2012.

Mods are in sig, minus the muffler delete. I had to put one back on to pass NH inspections. Brakes and tires are fairly new and the only rust is on the bottom of the tailgate and the outer crease of the driver door, so nothing structural. Manual windows/mirrors.

Problems: interior is kind of a mess. Cup holders/glovebox latch broken. Tears in driver seat upholstery and a few other random holes/rips. Clear coat is peeling off on roof. Hatch lock is jammed, you can open it but can’t lock it. CEL is on (code is for glow plugs but they all test fine and no problems with cold winter starts), flashing gpl for brake lights even though they work fine too. Airbag light is on (no idea why), and washer fluid reservoir has a leak so it will only hold a quart or so. AC doesn’t work.

Again, mechanically the thing runs great. Fires right up even at 10 below. Always full synthetic oil and always changed at 10k. Considering selling because after 11 years I’ve gotten more than my money’s worth and it’s time to upgrade to something newer. Definitely needs some work but if you’ve got the time and the tools it’s a great little car.

Would love it if some of the veterans would chime in with their suggestions on what a fair price would be. Again, sorry if this is not ok or in the wrong forum. Any advice/feedback is welcome!