Odd Happening This Morning...Limp Mode?

scottisha

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI 4dr
Took off from a light, no tire spin, but pretty hard acceleration and right before shifting to 2nd gear, the car lost power and the glow plug symbol, on the dash, started flashing. Car still idled and ran, but with almost no power.
Pulled over and re-started the car, everything was fine.

Any idea what a flashing glow plug light indicates?

Scott

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Happened to me once after the car was serviced. Took it back, they made an adjustment and I was on my way. It was torture driving a JSW Prius around the block! ;)

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The only way to really tell what happened is to hook up VCDS and read the stored fault codes. From the way you describe the symptoms - there will be stored fault codes. This is the only way to know for sure what happened.

Have Fun!

Don

RPS99SHO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Took off from a light, no tire spin, but pretty hard acceleration and right before shifting to 2nd gear, the car lost power and the glow plug symbol, on the dash, started flashing. Car still idled and ran, but with almost no power.
Pulled over and re-started the car, everything was fine.

Any idea what a flashing glow plug light indicates?

Scott
Could it be related to your tune?

Diesel Turbonium

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Do you have the Revo software? I got mine installed on friday and had the same exact problem with the car going into limp mode. The vag com said it was an air/fuel pressure problem IIRC. The guys at Revo said they will be looking into the problem and hopefully tweaking the software this week.

RPS99SHO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Revo tune, but this has me scared.

~ Roman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDI
09 TDI sedan
It must be the revo tune because it has happend to me twice now. Today on the way home it was wet and in second gear with the tires spinning(lite traction control) it shut down again. You get the glow plug light flashing and the workshop now messaga on the MFD. So now the question is do i take it to the dealer or a vw shop to get the codes read. I dont think the revo shop i used has a vag com. Does the spx unit read fault codes? Guess i need to go back and find out.

scottisha

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf TDI 4dr
Sorry for the late reply. At the beach with the family......I'm curious to see what the code is. Also curious to see if it's "tune" related. It's only happened once so far, in about 2k miles and it only happened during a full throttle 1st gear acceleration. Just before shifting to 2nd gear. Turned the car off and restarted it and everything was fine.

I have Vag-com, but just got it when I bought this car, so not real up to speed on using it.
I also have a Scanguage II that I use in my Genesis. I can plug that in for a real simple and quick code read.

I'll get back as soon as I hear something/figure out what code is stored.

Scott

chris@revotechnik

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
12 JSW, 98 TJ cummins, bunch of gassers
Hey guys we are looking into this as I type this.

If anyone has the specific codes they are throwing with details of the conditions as well as a description of what happened, how long since you were flashed and more importantly your ecu ID we can look into this.

While I am not going to say this is or is not software at this point of those who have reported issues so far they are different ecu IDs and different fault codes even. This usually points to something with a particular vehicle being possibly slightly weaker or defective that is just made more apparent with software. Obviously if we find a fault with the software we will address it and make the corrections. The few posted here plus one or two more reported through local Revo dealers are the first issues we have had in the over 2 years we have been selling this software.