Codes after DPF pressure sensor change

elqwan

TDI
2016 VW Tiguan
Hi Guys,

New to the forum here. I need some help with my wife's car. 2016 Tiguan 4motion TDI

The other week a check engine light came on. So I bought a scanner to check out what the code was. I did not have any performance issues despite the check engine light on.

Here is what first came up

Codes:

P245300 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit - Range Performance
P047400 - Exhaust Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit Intermittent Erratic

I check to see if the tubes going to the sensor were blocked (all clear) and also checked voltage to the sensor (all good, 5 volts)

I replaced the sensor with a new factory sensor (sensor had an F at the end instead of a G and was made in Malaysia.

I did not do an adaptation as I do not have the equipment and I did read that the new sensors do not need it. I am not sure if that is correct or not.

I cleared the vault codes.

I scanned the car again and a new code came up
P245600 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit - Intermittent Erratic

I cleared the code thinking maybe the ECU needs to relearn. My wife went for a 40 minute drive and when she got back the MIL was on again but with new codes
P154B00 - Diesel Particle Filter Differential Pressure Sensor - Faulty.
P200200 - Particulate Trap Bank 1 - Efficiency below threshold

So that is where I am at now. Could this be because the new sensor needs to be adapted?

I should also add that on my I/M tests, I have the following still at "not ready"
NMHC Catalyst - Not Ready
NOx Aftertreatment - Not Ready

If you guys have any idea on where I should go to next please let me know.

Thanks

Paul

elqwan

TDI
2016 VW Tiguan
New update:

This morning started the car and no check engine light even though my scanner showed the three codes from yesterday.

I cleared the codes to see what would come up.

I took the car for a 20 minute drive, no MIL came up, but the scanner still showed two of the previous codes:

Only the P200200 code disappeared.

P154B00 - Diesel Particle Filter Differential Pressure Sensor - Faulty.