UM and Hit and Run

ObscuredByClouds

Veteran Member
A required field called Location is missing or has
TDI
A required field called TDI is missing or has an invalid value.
I live in Maryland.

I went to bed last night, car parked outside my apartment in a lot full of cars. Got outside, someone had sideswiped my car pulling in or coming out. There was no one around me when I got outside.

Does the UM fund cover these damages if after I file the police report and review the available videos of the lot and find not evidence who it was?

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.
ObscuredByClouds said:
I live in Maryland.

I went to bed last night, car parked outside my apartment in a lot full of cars. Got outside, someone had sideswiped my car pulling in or coming out. There was no one around me when I got outside.

Does the UM fund cover these damages if after I file the police report and review the available videos of the lot and find not evidence who it was?
Unmitigated Motorist?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
You have to check your policy. You have to see if your uninsured motorist coverage is for medical cost only, or if it covers property damage as well.

Otherwise, it is collision coverage that covers this situation.

catmandoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta gls tdi,91 2dr jetta gl n/a diesel
doesn't collision raise your rates.whereas comp it wouldn't.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
If you only have liability, you are probably SOL.