Headliner Swap

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
From what I recall, a 2010 Jetta is pretty much a mk5 with the electronics of a mk6. The headliner should fit with no problem.

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Don't pay for the headliner until you get it out. It is a tight fit to get the headliner out, and requires a little bending.

One also needs to remove the front seats and console to make the removal easier. Also, since this is a parts car, remove the steering wheel, which
will provide additional room.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
They are both A5 platforms, so it should be the same as far as that goes.

There is no "A6" Jetta sedan, technically, because the 6th gen Jetta sedan is the NCS (New Compact Sedan) which is no longer a Golf with a trunk, and is a completely different car.

TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Execline
Don't pay for the headliner until you get it out. It is a tight fit to get the headliner out, and requires a little bending.

One also needs to remove the front seats and console to make the removal easier. Also, since this is a parts car, remove the steering wheel, which
will provide additional room.
There’s a VW salvage yard near me that has a headliner already removed from An 06 for $100. Then I also found someone parting out their 2010. Depending on price not too sure what to go with. Id have to look at the already removed one in person before making a decision.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
Personally speaking, i would lean to the 2010. the issue with the headliner is that the foam backing to the headliner material degrades over time. If the 2010 is clean, theoretically, its that much newer.

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I have upgraded the headliner in my 06 Jetta to the GLI black one in May. I think the new GLI headliner that I have ordered from the dealership is much worse than the original that came with the car. The original, when I've pulled it out was like new, no sagging at all, it had extra headliner material to go over the edges. On the GLI one, they have barely used enough headliner material to cover the edges. I expect to have a sagging problem with it, sooner or later.
make sure you remove the front seats, possibly the steering wheel also, it makes the installation much easier. Also, you will need to order from the dealership the clips that hold the headliner in place.