I know you'll hate me, but...

luke.weiser

TDI
1998 Jetta MK3
I know the ole Evry mod has been BEATEN to death, but just one more idea:

What if you made a box with two variable resistors ok? Mount the box somewhere like next to the battery, glovebox, or by the fuse panel, then wired that box to a European light switch, To the two-position pull-out function for the foglights, unused by most mk3 owners. (I think, when installed, the first pull gives you front foglights, and when pulled all of the way out, you get both front and back)

Wire the mod so that each of the two resistors goes to one of the switch positions, and that they remain separate from each other. Then you can set the resistance to different levels!

Right??? that way you could make it so the first position you pull out to has a Mild 'tune', but pull it all the way out for when you mean business.

This gives a very stealth look, get rid of some cheap Ebay toggle switch cluttering your dash while remaining adjustable and easy to use.

What do you think?

ps if I end up doing this Ill tell you guys if my engine explodes immediately or if I manage to pull it off

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Every car "evry" mods differently. You need to find the resistance that works well for your car.

Best variable resistor would be a rheostat, which you can fine tune to give you the best balance between power and smoke.

Been there done that. Got a proper tune shortly after.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
As Windex states, "evry" car is different, and a rheostat is actually the best idea. Okay, so use two rheostats... Actually a tune is the best idea, but as long as you don't use this option very often and coke up your turbo, you "should" be alright.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Why dont you get 2 ECU's and do the same thing with them with the switch turning the position of a 3 way relay on each wire that controls things. That way you can get 2 separate tunes. I know, dumb and complicated idea but its about as dumb as this every mod idea. You can do the same thing with a tune and just throttle position. OR you can just do a tune and use a shot of propane or water meth and do the same thing with better gains. Not ripping on you bro, just a dumb question gets a dumb answere that you knew was coming lol. you will get more power out of just nozzles than any evry mod can give you.